Brazilians might as well just speak Spanish...

Brazileru   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:27 pm GMT
"Portuguese has no use. When I was in Rio everyone understood my Spanish. So why bother... Portuguese in Latin America is like Catalan in Spain, with Spanish only you will do just fine. ''

Well i see that u know two idioms spanish and chilean.
But dont worry i could buy some rolls of bread in the bakery after 2 days studying french.
opinion   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm GMT
<<Brazileru>>-Is it Portunhol word for Brasileiro?
Brazileru   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:52 pm GMT
No its one phonetic transcription, buts coincidentally useful only for the poorest languages.

Hispanics get the fuk out of my country.
Brazilians dont like spanish.
Brazilians dont study spanish, go take numbers for ur vanity in the hell.
kruGpT   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 pm GMT
"Portuguese has no use."

Let's keep that in mind and wait a few years.

For starters, Portuguese alongside English are the only languages officially spoken in all 5 continents.

You haven't got the slightest idea of how the Portuguese speaking countries are doing, what their perspectives are, and how they will influence other countries in the near future.

Countries so culturally distant to ours like Indonesia, Venezuela or Romania are showing interest in entering the CPLP, there's got to be a reason..

I let you do the research.
Naranjo   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:38 pm GMT
For starters, Portuguese alongside English are the only languages officially spoken in all 5 continents.

---
In only 2 countries Portuguese is spoken as 1st language, Brazil and Portugal, and these countries have two separate norms/grammars and spelling.

It is not an official language of UN and it will never be.
Naranjo   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:42 pm GMT
Brazilians will never speak the garbage spanish is.

--
Brazilians should go to Portugal to re-learn their ''Portuguese'' language. Brazilian movies, soap operas and sitcoms feature incorrect grammar which all Portuguese language professors (in both Brazil and Portugal) fight against.
At least Spanish speaking countries use correct language in TV programs, because their respect their language.
JJ   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:35 pm GMT
But both Brazilian and European Portuguese sounds nice.. I would say it sounds nicer than Spanish. Especially Brazilian flows nicely, better than Spanish.
Chiro   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:35 pm GMT
Hi Naranjo! It's not incorrect, it's just the lower part (L) of diglossia.
I'd say one of the reasons for the diglossia is the very grudge that we Brazilians have towards Portuguese: a language that was brutally imposed to us, that's old-fashioned, boring, full of complicated rules and it's kind of useless everywhere else.
Naranjo   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:39 pm GMT
Spanish is the language of revolutions, Portuguese is the language of being lazy. That's why all Portuguese speaking countries are poor. Spanish language has a rich superpower (Spain) and economic pearls like Costa Rica, Chile, Uruguay...

Mozambique, Guine Bissau, Timor, S. Tomé, Angola = the poorest countries in the world

Brazil = the greatest income distribution in the world, which leads to favelas and criminal activity

Portugal = the poorest country in Western Europe
Naranjo   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:41 pm GMT
Spanish is the language of revolutions, Portuguese is the language of being lazy. That's why all Portuguese speaking countries are poor. Spanish language has a rich superpower (Spain) and economic pearls like Costa Rica, Chile, Uruguay...

Mozambique, Guine Bissau, Timor, S. Tomé, Angola = the poorest countries in the world

Brazil = the greatest income distribution inequllity in the world, which leads to favelas and criminal activity

Portugal = the poorest country in Western Europe
Naranjo   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:45 pm GMT
Brazil is one of the countries with the most inequality in terms of the gap that exists between the very wealthy and the extremely destitute. A huge portion of the population lives in poverty. According to the World Bank, "one-fifth of Brazil's 173 million people account for only a 2.2 percent share of the national income. Brazil is second only to South Africa in a world ranking of income inequality. The incidence of violent crime, including muggings, armed robbery and sexual assault is high, particularly in Rio de Janeiro, Recife and other large cities. Carjacking is also common, particularly in major cities. Criminals often use guns. Gang-related violence is common throughout the State of São Paulo. Crime levels in slum areas are very high.[citation needed] Victims have been seriously injured or killed when resisting perpetrators. During peak tourist seasons, large, organised criminal gangs have reportedly robbed and assaulted beach goers.[citation needed] 'Express kidnappings', where individuals are abducted and forced to withdraw funds from ATM machines to secure their release, are common in major cities including Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Brasília, Salvador and Recife.[citation needed] People have been robbed and assaulted when using unregistered taxis. Petty crime such as pickpocketing and bag snatching is common. Thieves operate in outdoor markets, in hotels and on public transport. Piracy occurs in the coastal areas of Brazil.
kruG   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 pm GMT
Naranjo is that all envy?

As far as i know UN is not a country or continent, Portuguese is official in 5 continents, get over it.

But like i said, you don't know what our perspectives are, don't be suprised if one day you wake up in the morning and one of the news is "Português, língua oficial das Nações Unidas", it may be closer than you think.
Brazil is already in the UN Security Council and Portugal is a candidate for next year's election.

You should be the one doing the research, not me :)
kruG   Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:14 pm GMT
LOL Spain rich superpower?

Can you tell me then why is Spain part of the PIIGS too?
Why is unemployment in Spain the highest in Europe?
Why are there predictions saying Spain's sovereign debt will rise up to 90% of GDP?
Why did a US Congressman said Spain is five times worse than Greece?
kruG   Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:27 pm GMT
Why did a US Congressman SAY Spain is five times worse than Greece?

My bad back there :)
Franco   Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm GMT
I bet that Congressman can't locate Spain on a map. So his opinion about Spain has no value. Financial crisis has been caused by USA where industry has been changed by greedy speculation. Spain, Greece, Ireland and other countries are just victims of US.