spanish,french, english

Guest   Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:38 pm GMT
Woof woof! down feisty beast.
Fabian   Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:44 pm GMT
I really bemoan the situation that not every european tongue stems from Greek! It seems that people who speak a romance tongue feel superior to people who do not speak a roman descendant. Somehow they are proud that their forefathers were too weak to resist the latin invadors and succumbed to them. They were forced to forgo their own languages and to accept the language of their subduers. Well, this not just happened once but always when a tribe defeated an other tribe.
There are people who assume that the language(in this case Latin) of the supposed more advanced nation replaces the language of the inferior nation. Now, owing to the fact that latin men adopted Greek and used it as the superior language shows, that Latin and it's descendants are less worthy than Greek.
Who still thinks, that germanic languages are less worthy than romance languages has also to agree that romance languages are less worthy than Greek.
Well, I really bewail that the people who speak now French, Spanish or any other romance language (save Italian) have lost their own languages and now have to get along with what they have obtained from there subduers, but the endless fight which language dominates the other language somehow exacerbates me.
Is it possible to accept each other's language as equal without letting one's inferiority complex kick in? I would really appreciate it!
Otherwise we all are to abandon our native tongue and to learn the only language which is precious enough to speak it: Greek...the language which is better than Latin.
*loool*
Uriel   Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:58 pm GMT
Fabian, how DARE you suggest that the Latin tongue and all of its derivatives are not INTRINSICALLY superior to every other language on the face of the globe, and its culture and derivatives thereof not VASTLY better than all others? Nothing short of BLASPHEMY, I tell you -- make sure you die wearing asbestos undies -- you'll need them in Hell!
Sander   Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:01 pm GMT
LOL, Yes Fabian!

Soon the "Überlatins" will come and take you!
Tiffany   Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:19 pm GMT
I feel my post is applicable on this thread, so instead of repeating myself, I'll just provide a link: http://antimoon.com/forum/t483-180.htm
bernard   Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:41 am GMT
ce que je trouve affligeant dans les remarques de Sanders et certains autres partageant ses points de vue, c'est qu'ils sous-entendent constamment que le fait de se sentir et définir en tant que latin est une manière de se sentir porteur d'une civilisation "supérieure" - Et d'ailleurs, si Sander cherche autant à vouloir nier une identité latine s'est parce-que, selon lui cette identité aurait quelquechose de "supérieur" , et il se sens exclus de cette "superiorité". En niant la réalité du monde latin il se rassure.

Lorsqu'on observe les choses telles qu'elles sont ressenties du coté latin, on perçoit un grande différence. D'une manière générale il y a traditionnellement un sentiment d'infériorité important dans les pays latins, en ce qui concerne le développement économique, la technologie, la modernité en général (on observe toujours un certain retard dans la plupart des domaines technologiques, économiques et l'evolution des moeurs).
De plus depuis la révolution industrielle, et a fortiori après les deux guerres mondiales le monde s'est vu de plus en plus dominé économiquement mais aussi politiquement et culturellement par le monde Anglo-saxon (Angleterre, puis Etats-unis, Australie, ect.)
Ceci a contribué a renforcer ce sentiment d'infériorité propre aux pays latins (confirmé par l'échec du développement économique de l'Amérique latine durant le 20ème siècle).
Ce qui fait que pour nous, le fait de revendiquer cette identité latine n'est pas une manière de se présenter comme "supérieur" - mais une façon de montrer que, malgré nos retards dans certains domaines nous sommes porteur d'un héritage historique et culturel riche, auquel nous sommes attachées et fiers. Cet attachement est aussi un attachement à des modes de vie moins "productivistes" et plus "hedonistes", un certain gout des belles choses, de la "Dolce vita" Italienne à la "joie de vivre" à la Française... Ces choses là sont aujourd'hui vues de manière plus positive par l'Europe du Nord qui est en quête de nouvelles valeurs, et parfois celà peu être pour eux une source d'envie, d'autant que par ailleurs le fossé en matière économique s'est progressivement réduit (en Europe en tout cas) : Aujourd'hui les choses ont changé, l'Europe latine a presque comblé son retard (L'espagne à réalisé un vrai miracle ces dernières années) - Seul le Portugal montre encore quelques signes de retard qu'il va bientôt combler.
Donc serait-ce l'Europe Germanique, vue comme froide et productiviste qui se mettrait aujourd'hui à être envieuse d'une manière plus détachée et légère d'envisager la vie, et dans cette quête, ils se sentiraient blessés et frustrés à l'idée de ne pas faire partie de ce monde latin dont ils aimeraient partager le mode de vie ? Celà les inciterait à vouloir nier l'évidence qu'il existe de différences entre nos deux parties de l'Europe (alors que c'est justement celà qui fait la richesse et la complémentarité de notre beau continent)...
Sander   Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:41 am GMT
Ik vind dat de opmerkingen van BERNARD,SIGMA en FRENCH (en al hun andere /schuil/namen) niet alleen kwetsend maar ook nog eens getuigen van een enorme ,ja, achtelijkheid.De gedachte dat de "nazaten" van de romeinen voortleven in hun ego's ,is ronduit zielig.Ik heb een boodschap voor jullie: Jullie zijn geen supermachten nu niet en nooit meer.
Uriel   Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:57 am GMT
<< Alta Vista translation of bernard's post:

what I find afflicting in the remarks with Sanders and some others sharing his points of view, it is that they imply constantly that the fact of feeling and of defining as Latin is a manner of feeling carrying a "higher" civilization - And besides, if Sander seeks as much to want to deny a Latin identity is because, according to him this identity would have quelquechose of "superior", and it feel excluded from this "superiority". By denying the reality of the Latin world it is reassured.>>

Bernard, have you missed the many rude comments many of the latin posters here have made regarding the English-speaking world? I do not think that we are imagining a connection between the assertion of a latin identity and the assertion of latin superiority that is constantly being promulgated by the many latin posters here.

While I take no issue with the idea of a shared latin identity -- if you all say there is one, I'll take your word for it -- there IS a demonstrable tendency for the latin posters here to insist that they ARE "better" than the rest of us, and that most aspects of OUR culture (or what they define as our culture) are overwhelmingly negative.
Neo Glow   Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:58 pm GMT
Hey im english and i know spanish and a little french :) spanish is easier to learn for some reason french isnt that hard to learn but english is the hardest thing to learn.

I have met many people online from different contrys who try to speak english and i can understand what they are saying but they dont word it right lol
Sander   Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:56 pm GMT
Neo Glow,

Trust me, English is the easiest language I ever learned.
greg   Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:17 pm GMT
bernard : « D'une manière générale il y a traditionnellement un sentiment d'infériorité important dans les pays latins, en ce qui concerne le développement économique, la technologie, la modernité en général (on observe toujours un certain retard dans la plupart des domaines technologiques, économiques et l'evolution des moeurs). »

Pas d'accord. En tout cas pour la France. Ni supérieure, ni inférieure. En tout cas au niveau économique et technologique ça va plutôt bien.
bernard   Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:53 pm GMT
" Pas d'accord. En tout cas pour la France. Ni supérieure, ni inférieure. En tout cas au niveau économique et technologique ça va plutôt bien."

Greg,

Je suis d'accord pour dire qu'aujourd'hui le niveau de modernité technologique et le niveau économique de la France sont tout à fait comparables à ceux des pays de culture germanique. Celà n'a à mon sens pas toujours été le cas dans tous les pays latin, bien qu'aujourd'hui le retard à été en grande partie comblé.
On continue à observer cependant une plus grande lenteur dans l'installation de nouvelles technologies dans nos pays - la France s'est informatisée et "internetisée" assez tardivement en comparaison avec la Scandinavie, l'Allemagne ou l'Angleterre.

En ce qui concerne les moeurs et les modes de vie, on observe une certaine lenteur (développement tardif de l'écologie, recyclage, développement plus tardif de la parité homme-femme, etc.)

Cependant je suis d'accord pour dire qu'aujourd'hui, globalement, en Europe de l'ouest, le niveau de développement des différents pays est d'ordre tout à fait comparable. Mais il reste quelques sequelles psychologiques dues à ce retard.

Par contre
*CarloS*   Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:39 am GMT
Fabian, Latin wasn't imposed, it just came and "blended" (mixed) with the local languages of each Roman province.
Candy   Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:45 am GMT
Neo Glow, you claim to be English but you write <contrys>??!!!! You should sort your own English out before saying that other people don't 'word it right'!!
Flipper   Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:29 am GMT
The question of English being "hard" or "easy" is relative to your native language and how closely related to English it is.

Those who speak Asian languages maternally, generally find English extremely difficult.

Many European groups, particularly those whose languages are Germanic, who have had some exposure to English, often through television, find English easy.