Galician and Portuguese

Tomi   Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:29 pm GMT
To all the Brazilians who CONTINUE TO INSIST that they speak 'Brasileiro' I Have this to say for the hundreth time:

STOP WRITING IN PORTUGUESE AND CREATE YOUR OWN REAL SEPARATE LANGUAGE

Your pitiful arguments are not persuading anyone, because they are LACKING IN CREDIBILITY.
Tomi   Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:32 pm GMT
And another thing...this forum is about the Portuguese and Galician language. Since the Brazilians here claim that they speak Brasileiro and not Portuguese, then they have no reason whatsoever to post here.
Kess   Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:36 pm GMT
It should be PORTUGUESE, BRAZILIAN AND GALICIAN LANGUAGE
Brazilian is as distant from Portuguese as it is Portuguese from Galician.
We should talk of either 3 language or 1 only.
Tomi   Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:55 pm GMT
'Brazilian' is not a language, and it has no official recognition as a language. Nice try.
Gringo   Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:59 pm GMT
Three languages? Galician is recognized as a language separated from Portuguese, although the controversies, Brazilian is not.
Galician can use three orthographies ILG, AGAL, and the Portuguese; Brazilian Portuguese has only one orthography the Portuguese one.

This topic is about Galician and Portuguese either you like it or not. If you want to discuss something else find another topic. If you want to say you do not speak Portuguese, do not write Portuguese, write in Tupi.

Do not use the Portuguese language to say you do not speak Portuguese, you look an idiot.
Gringo   Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:13 pm GMT
Now let us learn some Tupi just to see how this native Brazilian language is in fact different from Portuguese:

Leat us learn “I am beautifull” in the Present tense:

In Tupi:::::::::::::::::: In Portuguese

xe porang:::::::::::::::eu (sou) bonito
nde porang:::::::::::::tu (és) bonito
i porang:::::::::::::::::ele (é) bonito
oré porang:::::::::::::nós (somos) bonitos (excl.)
îandé porang::::::::::nós (somos) bonitos (incl.)
pe porang::::::::::::::vós (sois) bonitos
i porang::::::::::::::::eles (são) bonitos
Gringo   Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:19 pm GMT
correction: Let us learn ...
Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Gilb   Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:40 pm GMT
Dear Brazilian vocals:

Since you say you don't speak (or don't understand) Portuguese and you are so prejudiced against the Portuguese people, PLEASE STOP USING THE BEAUTIFUL PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE ONCE AND FOR ALL!
And as others have already said: YOU ARE OFF TOPIC. CREATE YOUR OWN TOPIC AND SHOW US THE ORIGINALITY OF YOUR BRAZILIAN LANGUAGE.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO KNOW IT!
Gringo   Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:18 am GMT
For those who (like Ronaldinho and co.) are looking forward to learn something about the native Brazilian language, (my apologies I know this is off topic !) here is a basic vocabulary, but very useful, that you can not do without:

Let us conjugate “I am Portuguese ” in the Present tense:

In Tupi:::::::::::::::::: In Portuguese

xe peró::::::::::::::I (am) Portuguese
nde peró::::::::::::you (are) Portuguese
i peró::::::::::::::::he (is) Portuguese
oré peró:::::::::::::we (are) Portuguese (excl.)
îandé peró::::::::::we (are) Portuguese (incl.)
pe peró::::::::::::::you (are) Portuguese
i peró::::::::::::::::they (are) Portuguese

Ixé morubixaba. Ixé peró. Abápe endé?

Translation: I am the chief. I am Portuguese. Who are you?
Gringo   Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:27 am GMT
In Portuguese =read In English
Márcio   Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:23 pm GMT
Funny, I've just heard The portuguese version of Regresa a mi from Il divo ( Regressa a mim, in this case ), and what a surprise for me, the lyrics were constructed using brazilian portuguese, but the pronounciation is very european sometimes, like when they pronounce the S, which becomes Sh. I just dont know why they complain about us Europeans about our pronounciation if they do exactly the same
JGreco   Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:49 pm GMT
Your comment did not make any sense?

Il divo is a European band and naturally you would think they would sing in a more European variety of pronunciation rather than a Br. Portuguese variety. When they did regresa a mi in Spanish they sung in a Madrileno Spanish hence them maybe catering more to the European public.
Márcio   Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:56 am GMT

I was just saying why do Italians and Spanyards say that we speak with a weird pronounciation if they do the same.
Márcio   Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:56 am GMT

I was just saying why do Italians and Spanyards say that we speak with a weird pronounciation if they do the same.
Kauan   Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:47 pm GMT
'"Regressa a mim'' would sound strange in Brazil.
We say ''volte pra mim'' or ''volta pra mim''.
Regressar sounds a bit dated, in normal conversation VOLTAR is preferred.