Should I learn Russian?

Franco   Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:06 am GMT
<<You forgot to mention Peru and Bolivia. In Chile, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela and others, the people there speak a bastardised form of Spanish and so their speech is evolving and they may one day declare linguistic independence from Spanish like Afrikaans did from Dutch. The speech of Uruguay and Argentina are higly influenced by Italian and they are the least hispanised of all Hispanic Americans so they too may one day discard Spanish and adopt either Italian, Lunfardo or in the case of Uruguay Portunhol other than Italian. >>

LOL!!!! You are joking right?
Franco   Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:09 am GMT
There are more variations in English around the world than in spanish! I think Australia is about to discard English and adopt.. uh
lets to russians   Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:25 pm GMT
pachimu vi ruskije vsegda govaritje kak nevospitannije ljudi, 'bljad', 'matj', 'nahuj' 'pizdjetc' i tagdaljeje?? Ja vas ochenj neuvazhhaju. Vi - ruskije, mne pretivne, potomu, shto bi shoviniste.
Linguist   Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:20 pm GMT
lets, said:

why you Russians always speak like bad-mannered people? "whore", "mother", "fukc" etc. I dont respect you very much. You Russians are disgusting for me because you are chauvinistes."

How does this correspond to this thread?

Baltic people seem to be really sick in their stupid russophobia. You should be shame of yourself!
Vlad   Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:19 am GMT
<<LOL!!!! You are joking right? >>

No, I'm not. I heard Venezuelans on television making their "s" sound like "h" in such word as word español which they pronounce as ehpañol, comunicacion pronounced as comunicaciong. In addition they used several coabularies that are inherent only in Venezuela.

Others pronounce "y" as "j" in he case of Jolanda insead of Yolanda.

Even the educated people from Latin America speak it with their own local pronounciation especially the Chileans which makes it hard for those who learned the standard Castilian form to converse with them more so with those who belong to lower classes.

As for Russian linguist are impressed that despite the huge geographical area, there is very little or no dialectical variations that can be detected in it from Belarus or Ukraine to Siberia.
Franco   Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:33 am GMT
Those differences are very elementary and any one can understand anyone. English shows much more variation so theres more chance Scottish would be classed a different langauage than Chilean spanish.
Seljuk   Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:00 pm GMT
This was a Russian language forum at first...
Udmurt State University   Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:12 am GMT
Do you want to learn Russian in the heart of Russia?

Udmurt State University (Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic, Russia)

offers you learning of the Russian language. We have different programs of learning, individual courses, Summer and Winter Schools of the Russian language.

!!! You have a unique chance to visit Udmurt Republic, the native land of M. Kalashnikov -famous constructor and gun maker and of great composer

P. Tchaikovsky.

Apply whenever you want! For further information visit our web-site: http://v4.udsu.ru/english/education_center

Contact us by e-mail: inter@uni.udm.ru
a.p.a.m.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:58 pm GMT
Franco "I think Australia is about to discard English". Very unlikely, Frankie.
Stavros   Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:47 am GMT
The topic should had been: Rusian. Is there a way how to forget it really fast?
Guest   Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:18 am GMT
Learn Russian. It is one of the worlds most important languages. It is also a lingua franca between many nationalities who speak languages that are not spoken outside their respective regions.
Franco (aka a.p.a.m's mas   Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:22 am GMT
a.p.a.m, since I am your master, I think you should be accepting my wisdom to enlighten your soul.

Your assignment for this week, discover the meaning of the term "sarcasim" and then write an essay on how I applied this term and it's affect in the given situation.
Stavros   Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:56 pm GMT
Rusian language is as useless as an old mans' handkerchief. It is spoken by less and less people and will not be needed at all in a few years from now. Why would anyone need to learn russian, so they would have a conversation with a drunken group of homeless? Stay away from that trap. English - Spanish - German - French - Chinese - Hindu: these are the languages of today and tomorrow.
a.p.a.m.   Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:15 pm GMT
Franco, you're nobody's master. You're certainly not my master, bucko. You're not even your momma's master, got it? And by the way, Franco, you mis-spelled the word sarcasm. Check it out.
Franco   Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:49 pm GMT
I am your spiritual and intelectual master. Even if you don't recognise it, for this is not master in the propietary sense.

By the way, old mens' hankercheifs are useful, if the oldman was hemoraging out of his ankle, you could tie it up and save his life.