California vuelve a ser mexicana, gracias al vodka

Mireille Mathieu   Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:38 pm GMT
<<Oh, es tut mir leid -- wo ist "Latin America"???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:IMF_advanced_economies_2008.svg>>

Wait, there s one tiny blue spot on that map in Africa --look again.. oops! It's Canary Islands, and they speak Spanish there, ironically enough...
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:08 am GMT
do u mean the Canary Islands invaded all the year by hordes of belching English and Germans coming there to tan their asses?
mac   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:41 am GMT
Wow this thread has really gotten harsh. Let's just all admit that all the major Empires did their share of bad things. They all have former colonial areas that are doing well and some not so well. Yes, remember the past and learn from it, but don't dwell in it too much. It is the 21st century now and things are diffenent and are changing.

So, back to the main topic (if it's even necessary) America has always been a prodominately English speaking country, and will reamain so. The situation of the Mexican cession may have been unfair, but that is in the past, 150 years ago. Many questionable things have happened in history (not just in the US) that we can't change now, so let's move on.

I have no problem with Spanish in the US, en realidad llevo 5 anos que lo estudio. However, I hope immigrants learn English as it will give them better opportunity to succeed in the US, so it's good for them and also for those people who simply want them to learn out of priniciple.

So let's please spot attacking each other for the actions of people in the past.
mac   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:49 am GMT
Regarding the issues and problems with immigration in the US and Europe, we need to look at the present circumstances and how to deal with it, instead of constantly digging up the past, which leads ultimately doesn't resolve anything.
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:16 am GMT
I think you are overestimating English. Remember, of the countries which speak it only Canada, USA and UK can be really considered fully developed. South Africa, New Zealand and Ireland and Australia are still developing - similar to Chile and Argentina.
John Adams   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:16 am GMT
The responses here from the American haters and the Hispanic Fanatics have passed the point of absurdity. I'm not even going to grace them with a response. Only one bit of advice--keep practicing your English, because you're going to need it!
Colette   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:20 am GMT
<<The responses here from the American haters and the Hispanic Fanatics have passed the point of absurdity. I'm not even going to grace them with a response. Only one bit of advice--keep practicing your English, because you're going to need it!>>

Yes, I am going to try my best to ignore anyone who signs his name "Guest." That's why I'm hoping the guy in the Anglish thread makes up a name. :)
John Adams   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:22 am GMT
>>I think you are overestimating English. Remember, of the countries which speak it only Canada, USA and UK can be really considered fully developed. South Africa, New Zealand and Ireland and Australia are still developing - similar to Chile and Argentina.<<

Hilarious! If you think that the quality of life and development in Chile and Argentina are comparable to that of New Zealand, Ireland, and Australia, you're not looking at things clearly. You might have an argument with South Africa, but I don't think so, it's still way ahead of those two Hispanic countries.
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:28 am GMT
<<you're not looking at things clearly>>

You're right I'm not looking at it clearly because it's a complex issue and you can't understand it so easily like a transparent underwear. I am judging it OBJECTIVELY. Like God judges man. Because i'm not perturbed by moral intranquility and political idealism.

In Australia many aboriginal people live in tents in the desert and rape young children, so much that alcohol was banned. Also, many people are killed every year by racist hordes on the beach, also very low income.

Ireland is very poor due to conservatism. Many people die because of lack of public services.

New Zealand is very poor, especially Maori who are still targeted by white supremists. The level of health is low and many buildings collapse daily.

No problem like these insurmountable ones is present in even Guatemala.
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:51 am GMT
>>You're right I'm not looking at it clearly because it's a complex issue and you can't understand it so easily like a transparent underwear. I am judging it OBJECTIVELY. Like God judges man. Because i'm not perturbed by moral intranquility and political idealism.<<

Zeus judges man. What are you talking about?

Seriously though, look at all indicators of development and you'll find that the Anglosphere countries you listed are light years ahead of the two Latin American countries you listed.

>>In Australia many aboriginal people live in tents in the desert and rape young children, so much that alcohol was banned. Also, many people are killed every year by racist hordes on the beach, also very low income.<<

Ha, these people are a minority. They are not representative of Australia as a whole. I'm sure if we looked closely we could find much worse, in larger amounts, in Chile or Argentina.

>>Ireland is very poor due to conservatism. Many people die because of lack of public services.<<

This is nonsense. The quality of life in Ireland has improved drastically since it embraced capitalism. It's one of the fast growing economies in the world.

>>New Zealand is very poor, especially Maori who are still targeted by white supremists. The level of health is low and many buildings collapse daily.<<

Again, these problems are random examples, not every day occurrences.

>>No problem like these insurmountable ones is present in even Guatemala.<<

Yeah things are so great in Guatemala that they're all sneaking in to Mexico. Thanks for the laugh.

See the maps below to for reference to how dumb your initial claims were:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/GDP_nominal_per_capita_world_map_IMF_2007.PNG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:UN_Human_Development_Report_2007_%282%29.svg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Quality-of-life_2005.svg
Girl Mary   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:56 am GMT
<<>>Ireland is very poor due to conservatism. Many people die because of lack of public services.<<

This is nonsense. The quality of life in Ireland has improved drastically since it embraced capitalism. It's one of the fast growing economies in the world. >>

Yes, for the last decade or so Ireland has been on fire, capitalistically speaking. Russia is also starting to experience the benefits of capitalism, though of course they are still in the transition stage and have a long way to go. If Russia gets some good leadership in place, the outlook is potentially great. They're already buying up companies left and right in the Western world. The problem with the West is that we are becoming so PC that we are the ones who will be on the decline if we are not more careful.
K. T.   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:18 am GMT
What does PC mean to you?
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:27 am GMT
PC ≅ K.T.
Diablo Blanco   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:29 am GMT
<<PC ≅ K.T.>>

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:44 am GMT
К.Т. why is your nickname K.T.? Don't you feel sorry for the other letters of the alphabet? Maybe, rotate depending on the day?