California vuelve a ser mexicana, gracias al vodka

Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:53 am GMT
Of course the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada are fully developed. Much moreso than any Hispanic country.

You think so.
Considering the level of stupidity and crass ignorance in those countries (Australia too) I wouldn't call them "fully developed"
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:53 pm GMT
Of course the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada are fully developed. Much moreso than any Hispanic country.

That is a lie. Spain is an Hispanic country and is more developed than UK according to U.N, just check the development index ranking. About US, I don't consider developed at all a country where if you don't have money enough and need a heart transplantation, they leave you die like a rat.
Skippy   Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:01 pm GMT
In the United States, if someone dies because they need a heart transplant and can't get it it's because they're not at the top of the list, which is created based on many factors including age, personal behavior (do they smoke, do drugs, etc.), and how long they have to live. In the US, the most critical cases are at the top of the list. Aside from the list, people can donate organs (kidneys, lungs, anything you have more than one of, obviously) to whomever you choose so they don't have to wait on the list.

This is in contrast to other countries of the world where you do "die like a rat" for no other reason than the fact that your nation only performs so many of those surgeries per year.

I don't know why we keep coming back to this... Every time the evidence points to the benefits of a liberal, privatized system being better than every state-run system. That's why medicine in the US is so much more advanced than medicine elsewhere, that's why the smartest medical students from all over the world end up in the US (Houston, Princeton, Baltimore, Los Angeles, etc.) and patients from all over the world who can afford to leave their government-subsidized and rationed health care to come to the US for simple procedures.

I don't understand why people continue to criticize the American health care system. It's expensive, yes, but it's the best and it's affordable. For poorer people, the hospitals typically front most of the bill. The government has stayed out of it (for the most part) in the US which is why we're so much better off. What's the most dire problem facing Americans today? It's obesity. We're so well off that we're too well off. Give it up and get over it.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:27 pm GMT
Skippy I think you are smart, don't make me change my idea. Don't excuse US until becoming pathetic. Everyone knows that poverty is a horrible sin in US, it's the worst thing Americans think could happen in life. Everybody knows in which way poor people are seen and how the God-money works there. Maybe this is the reason you don't have so much simpathy.
And yes, I think people often die like rats, if it's "excusable" in a country that have no resources it's not excusable at all in a country that wants to be the first in the world and who give lessons of "democracy" everytime. Personally I don't like too a society savagely governed by the God-money
Skippy   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:07 pm GMT
What do you mean by "God-money"?

It's ridiculous that I keep having to defend America when you and others who speak so poorly of it obviously know nothing about life here.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:15 pm GMT
Even average health insurances, those that most of the USans can afford, don't usually include very expensive treatments like heart transplants, so you'd better, Skippy have a healthy living...
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:16 pm GMT
"I don't know why we keep coming back to this... Every time the evidence points to the benefits of a liberal, privatized system being better than every state-run system. That's why medicine in the US is so much more advanced than medicine elsewhere, that's why the smartest medical students from all over the world end up in the US (Houston, Princeton, Baltimore, Los Angeles, etc.) and patients from all over the world who can afford to leave their government-subsidized and rationed health care to come to the US for simple procedures."

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Many medical students (i.e., Loma Linda hospital in California) have made many mistakes on patients as those hospitals are practicing medics. Good hospitals are come to come by in the U.S., many are run by cooperations 'kaiser permanente' whereas the general hospitals are not but less likely to attend you unless you are dying on the spot. The U.S. governement only pays for those
"near death situations" but regarding other semi-severe operations or treatment almost nothing.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm GMT
"So, back to the main topic (if it's even necessary) America has always been a prodominately English speaking country, and will reamain so. The situation of the Mexican cession may have been unfair, but that is in the past, 150 years ago. Many questionable things have happened in history (not just in the US) that we can't change now, so let's move on."

English spread by conquest, as did Spanish. But, in the manner English did was sooo destructive that many cultures globally are loosing their traditions / culture values and what nots to the English language likewise European / American culture. The Mexican-American war was unjust and unfounded, however, we have to learn from the past in order to understand the dynamics of today; that is to say, why many Americans want immigrants to learn English....because their government has told them, not their own free will....the same thing happen 150 years or so about declaring Manifest Destiny on those less capable of governing, backward civilization(s) and lifestyle. It's awkward that no movies have been made in the U.S. regarding this particular war (amongst other wars).
The only movie dedicated to this war that I can think at the top of my head is "One Man's Hero" about the cruelty of the Americans on the Irish immigrants and how they diserted them and helped out the Mexicans. The Saint Patrick Batalion.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:28 pm GMT
<<It's ridiculous that I keep having to defend America when you and others who speak so poorly of it obviously know nothing about life here. >>

What's the point of defending the US -- too many people want to sneak in here already. It's much better to talk up all the problems we have here to discourage immigration:

- stay away from the US because there aren't enough heart transplants

- stay away, because your kids might be eaten by a bear

- stay away -- there's no culture and education

- stay away -- if you come here you'll get fat

- stay away -- you might have to learn English

- etc.

It's much better to immigrate to one of the problem-free countries: Canada, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Germany, France, Norway, Spain, UK, Italy, Switzerland, Iceland, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Namibia, etc.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:40 pm GMT
Believe me, no one's trying to get into your country, except the illegal aliens but they don't count, the rest of the population and the world lives perfectly fine.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:57 pm GMT
"Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Namibia, China and India"

Problem free? No; not even close.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:12 pm GMT
<<Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:57 pm GMT
"Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Namibia, China and India"

Problem free? No; not even close.
>>

Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia (especially) -- all-encompasing religion and morality (no bars, drinking, for example)

China, India -- fantastic culture stretching back to the dawn of time -- now becoming the center of technology and economic developement.

Namibia -- fantastic dark skies and weather for astroimaging

Compare:

US -- spiritual/moral decadence, economic and technological stagnation, light pollution and clouds everywhere
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:15 pm GMT
I think the problem with Mexicans is that after the Mexican American war, the part of the country (Mexico) that was left, was so small that they simply cannot get over it. Mexico currently is a small country in territorial size .
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:26 pm GMT
But it has high population, so they have to migrate to what once was part of their country. Otherwise the density of population of current Mexico would be excessive.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:58 pm GMT

That is a lie. Spain is an Hispanic country and is more developed than UK according to U.N, just check the development index ranking. About US, I don't consider developed at all a country where if you don't have money enough and need a heart transplantation, they leave you die like a rat.

I would consider English Canada fully developed. However Canada has a third world Province (Quebec) that is a pain in the ass for the Canadian Government.