English spoken EVERYWHERE

Caspian   Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:29 pm GMT
England is surrounded by a huge coast - an advantage to being an island
Guest   Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:41 pm GMT
Good for you.
Amante Hispano   Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:00 pm GMT
Among the countries that trully give its citizens full citizenship rights, with no discrimination and with full equal rights is Spain....a Spanish speaking country. England doesn't give those rights to its citizens...and the U.S. is a sad joke when it comes to equal rights.
John Adams   Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:44 pm GMT
The stupidity coming from the Anglophobes and Francophobes is astounding.

There's a great reason why we're having this conversation in English. Think about it. English isn't going anywhere my friends. Chinese is too isolated and the Spanish-speaking countries are not politically or economically powerful enough. Neither will displace English. Get over it and keep working on your grammar and vocabulary so you'll understand me better when I really start insulting you.
Juan Adan   Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:52 pm GMT
Eso puede resolverse.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:07 am GMT
England is surrounded by a huge coast

Oh yes, it's a rarity, no other country in Europe or in the world has coastline!!!
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:46 am GMT
Jaja, que me meo.
Skippy   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:12 am GMT
Actually, the UK is 21 miles from the continent, but that's neither here nor there... The point is the UK is isolated from other nations due to the fact that its an island. That's the point I'm trying to make. People in the UK are at an advantage from a linguistic standpoint being so close to the continent (compared to the US or Australia) but that little strip of water provides for a lot less foreign language exposure than someone in Strasbourg or Tirol...
American   Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:21 am GMT
Languages are stupid anyway and learning them is a waste of time. All the better if you know the only important language. You can spend your time building nukes to consolidate your power instead of playing little PC games with your neighbours.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:04 am GMT
<< I'm francophile but I admit that French is only spoken in Paris. It's not an international language. Spanis on the other hand is spoken by 1000 millions of people. >>

I'm hispanophile but I admit that Spanish is only spoken in Paris. It's not an international language. French on the other hand is spoken by 1000 millions of people.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:18 am GMT
Spanish?

We can speak about Spanish.

A language that WAS official in Hispanic America it's now replaced by Quechua, Quiche, Aymara, Nahuatl, Borriqueño, Portunhol, Italian, and English.

A language that WAS/IS/WILL NEVER BE the diplomatic world language, and it is English and French.

A language that WAS/IS/WILL NEVER BE important in Europe, and it is English, French, Russian, German and Italian now.

A language that WAS NEVER very spoken, and it is 100th now in terms of the number foreign speakers. It is spoken by 20 million people around the World as secondary/foreign language quite low. Swahili, Hausa, Bambara, Hottentot, Fang, Bubi, Tamil, Telugu, Assamese, Miao, Tibetan, Mogolian, Cantonese, Wu, and Hiri Motu aare more international and useful than Spanish.

In short, a language that WAS/IS/WILL NEVER BE important, and some hispanic people do not want to know.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:26 am GMT
<< What are some Parisian arrondissements if not the third world? Full of arabic migrants who don't even speak French and sharia has displaced the civil law. >>

Yes the Sharia Law will replace the civil law in hispanic countries and this will happen after all of the people of those countries convert to the relion of their Morisco ancestors because all of them have Morisco blood running all over their veins. LA SANGRE LLAMA. Evidence: Tens of thousands of Spanish families have converted to muslim.

The French have nothing to worry because the arab minority are fast becoming French in culture and religion. Evidence: Most of the arab women wear mini-skirts and daring dresses and most of the arab no longer practice their religion. They have no intention of returning to the past because they're now free.
Marita de Alemaña   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:28 am GMT
<< What are some Parisian arrondissements if not the third world? Full of arabic migrants who don't even speak French and sharia has displaced the civil law. >>

They do speak French because they come from former French colonies. You're IGNORANTE.
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:30 am GMT
<< Certainly the Hispanic nations are not among the top countries, but I would not call Chile a Third World country either. If someone visited it and got that impression I wonder what the reason is . On the other hand ALL the French speaking countries in Africa are completely underdeveloped, none of them is an exception and can't even be called developing countries because they don't develop at all, on the contrary, they are becoming poorer and poorer without receiving any help from France. For this reason I find obscene that those nationalist frogs call French an international language only because it is spoken also in Africa. They seem to be only interested on the grandeur of their language whithout taking care of the horrible standard of living of those who speak French in Africa. >>

At least the French that they speak is of higher quality than the Spanish spoken by hispanic americans.
Coleta   Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:32 am GMT
Anyway, I must admit that the most important thing is the number of secondary speakers speakers, the real speakers of the language everyday. You can see the list:

French: 200 million of secondary speakers

English: 150 million of secondary speakers

German: 50 million of secondary speakers

Spanish: 20 million of secondary speakers