Which country is the most Latin: France, Spain or Italy?

foridiots   Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:08 pm GMT
We were having a discussion here mom.
Tierry   Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:33 pm GMT
againstidiots Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:03 pm GMT
if stupidity were hurting, this forum would be just a sea of tears and wave of yelling of pain ...

how old are you guys and why are you not open a book instead of wasting your time on computer selling all kind of idiocies as values? You are better on on a soccer stadium then on a language forum; there is the right world for you not history, nor languages nor any other filed which ask for a small amount of grey stuff.
You are pathetic!
_______________________________________________________-

This is a remark of somebody who wants to control discussions - big brother is greeting....
againstidiots   Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:54 pm GMT
"This is a remark of somebody who wants to control discussions - big brother is greeting".

This is not a remark, it is a statement made by somebody who is sick and tired of non values promotions with every occasion. I'm noticing a total cultural degradation which is effectively very scary. You cannot have a serious debate with anybody on any serious topic or field. Superficiality, lack of knowledge, a total absence of the common sense and especially,the total lack of respect for the TRUE, are the dominants of the discussions here showing out the essence of the societies we develop and live in, now days.

Reading on this forum and evaluating peoples opinions, (no matters what topics I approached), in 98% of the remarks exchanges, I found only insults, false statements, deviations of the main topic, xenophobic comments, blind nationalism discussion and usually a rude language approach. That's extremely sad and I don't see a chance of vindication because the moral level of the people who are posting, it is very low. They cannot go over their personal feelings and serve the TRUTH They even lost the sense of good behaviour and respect posting nonchalant lies and insults of all kind. What a moral decadence we are witnessing today and nothing seems to stop it...

What a pity!

P.S. It is not the big brother who wants control over discussion; it is the common sense which makes me hope for an elevated, instructed and honourable discussion. I need so much to have someday honest, serious, capable, nice, polite, educated to discuss with and it is so painful not finding him/her anymore...
Unfortunately, you guys are lost for good! You missed the momentum when the character needed to built itself in the right direction. I'm sorry but that's what I've seen so far and not only on this forum; almost everywhere!
Mikted   Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:21 pm GMT
Nonsense, there are many people who can engage in intelligent discussions on a variety of subjects. What are your particular interests, which languages are you studying? That might be a good start if you are seeking elevated as you put it, conversation.
Chinese   Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:41 am GMT
Indubitable, Italian is worthy of the most "Latinized" one in Romance languages, the second is Romanian (but affected by Slavic), the third is Spanish, the fourth is Portuguese, and the last one is French (with Gaulish).
Chinese   Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:45 am GMT
Spanish, along with Portuguese, was affected more or less by Arabic in its pronunciation and vocabularies. So, we can call them "Arabized Latin".
greg   Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:53 am GMT
Chinese : « Indubitable, Italian is worthy of the most "Latinized" one in Romance languages, the second is Romanian (but affected by Slavic), the third is Spanish, the fourth is Portuguese, and the last one is French (with Gaulish). »

Et toi tu es indubitableMENT un mauvais copier-coller du Wikipédia sur Mario Pei...

Doit mieux faire. Même en tant que pitre de service.
Chinese   Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:29 am GMT
French sounds like a modern latin with quite a nasal and drearyvoice.
Brazilian Portuguese sounds a little too, just like Frenchified Spanish.
While Italian, Spanish, Romanian, sounds like a silvery and ringing latin.
Ouest   Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 am GMT
Chinese:
...and the last one is French (with Gaulish).
French sounds like a modern latin with quite a nasal and drearyvoice.

Chinese   Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:20 am GMT
Ouest: If you replace the word "Gaulish" with the word "Germanic" in your statement, you are right! The term "Gaulish" has close to nothing to do with the French language and French people of today.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your amending.
Morticia   Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:11 pm GMT
Nobody knows how Latin sounded. So saying that French is nasalized Latin is nonsense. We only know some things about Latin phonetics for example long/short vowels distinction. But Romance languages lost them and used diphtongs instead of long vowels. So esentially it's hard to tell that any Romance language sounds more or less like Latin.
PARISIEN   Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:37 pm GMT
" We only know some things about Latin phonetics for example long/short vowels distinction. But Romance languages lost them and used diphtongs instead of long vowels..."

-- ... if you assume that Romance languages are descended from Latin, which seems to be more and more debatable. Romance grammars are quite similar to each other, and none of them can be derived from Latin, which seems to be lightyears away.
Carmen Franco   Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:31 am GMT
Let's revive this thread. This is more important than that one about which country is more Germanic.
greg   Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:59 am GMT
I'm so incredibly Latin that my ass has started to bleed...
Guest   Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:05 pm GMT
That's nice.