Which country is the most Latin: France, Spain or Italy?

Xian   Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:23 pm GMT
No we don't. It comes naturally.
Paul   Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:15 pm GMT
<<Spanish Empire = FIFO

first in, first out>>

The portuguese empire (not spanish) was the first global empire in history.
Guest   Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:44 pm GMT
Like i said before, the Roman empire was far larger. Around a quarter or more of the world, while the Spanish one was simply one medium sized empire among many others.

Nobody knows the population of the world in 0 AD. It's a question of common sense, Mediterranean countries that were part of the Roman empire couldn't represent 25% of global population. China surely was much more populated. Anyway take into account that nowadays there are 500 millions of people who speak Spanish natively. That can't be achieved by a small Empire.
Yeshua   Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:22 pm GMT
"Yes. We Chineses are lovers not fighters."

Yeah right. Chinese people who claim to be pacifists must have a very short memory.
svealander   Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:14 am GMT
<<Nobody knows the population of the world in 0 AD. It's a question of common sense, Mediterranean countries that were part of the Roman empire couldn't represent 25% of global population. China surely was much more populated. Anyway take into account that nowadays there are 500 millions of people who speak Spanish natively. That can't be achieved by a small Empire.>>

I can see you're proud of the Spanish legacy, but this shouldn't prevent us from looking at the issue rationally. And that means using the best possible historical sources.

In 0 AD and 400 AD and for a long time the Mediterannean was the site of most of the world's cities and it's not surprising that its population was so large.
svealander   Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:15 am GMT
<<Yeah right. Chinese people who claim to be pacifists must have a very short memory.>>

Anyone can claim to be a pacifist, even if they're from the bloodthirsty continents of Europe and North America.
Guest   Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:26 pm GMT
<,"yet the Germans today are still "barbarians" (not so labeled in this particular thread, but in others..."
-- Hey, Arschloch, hab'ich es geschrieben?

"as though the Germans never were allowed to have a transitory episode..."
-- Of course they had one, which was very similar, beginning when Karl der Grosse submitted the Saxons and continuing during the Drang nach Osten. The Germans brought civilisation —and their language— to the areas between the river Elbe and Weichsel, along with urbanization and a more advanced stage of development.

Ignorant twat, if you can't read, refrain from writing anything.. >>

Wow, I didn't know they had rednecks in France too! :-o
Phoenician warrior   Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:15 pm GMT
Once I met a redneck in Paris.
nico   Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 pm GMT
what do you mean by the most latin?

Is an algerian more arabic than a tunisian?

Is a russian more slavic than a bulgarian?

Is an austrian more germanic than a german?

Is a swedish more scandianvian than a norwish?

Your question is a non sense wich means that you totally ignore what means the word "Latin".
At leats what about he romanians, portugueses? Are they less?
Guest   Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:59 pm GMT
Romania is Slavic.
My name   Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:54 pm GMT
<<Once I met a redneck in Paris.">>

Whoops. What did Paris say when you caught them in the act?
JPT   Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:27 pm GMT
"Romania is Slavic"

really... that's the most unusual slavic language I've ever seen...
Egues'   Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:15 pm GMT
I think the meaning of "Latin" here is a reference to the New World classification of the term "Latin" (language) applied to speakers of Romance languages (eg. "Latin America").

It has been extended, especially in the US, to include not only language delineation, but also culture, race, music, etc. in the absence of a word to denote such.

So I think what the OP was really asking is this: Who is the most fun-loving, spiciest, rromantico, and muy bestes' Latin-Lover' in de whole eworld, least like those estock-op Anglo Mother-Fockers in de JU-Eh' (U.S.)
Yeshua   Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:39 pm GMT
<<Anyone can claim to be a pacifist, even if they're from the bloodthirsty continents of Europe and North America. >>

Let me clarify then. Anyone who claims that China is pacifist as a nation must have a very short memory.
Chung-Li   Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:27 pm GMT
China is indeed pacifist. How many countries did China invade in the last 100 years? And dont tell me about Tibet cos it is just a Chinese province. On the other hand USA has invaded many countries