do all Scottish, Irish and Welsh speak English?

Damian in Edinburgh, Alba   Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:21 pm GMT
Mr Guest:

Welsh only looks "horrible" to the linguistically challenged. The Welsh Language was being spoken in these fair and blessed islands eons before the first word in the English Language had been coined.
Adam Jones   Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:33 pm GMT
Beth rhydych chi'n meddwl "no offence intended2 wel mae'n ddrwg gen i ond mae hi yn gwrth wynebol i mi a dyd saesneg dim yn hollol berffaith cofiwch mae'r saeson yn defnyddio llythrennau fel k, x a z well dyd rheinu ddim yn bert iawn na ydynt.
Dydy iaith dim yn blodyn sydd fod i disgwyl yn bert mae e'n twl defnyddiol o gyfarthrebu!!!

a na mae'r Cymraeg yn deulu hollol wahannol i saesneg s chi y saeson yw'r llocheswyr nid ni'r Cymry mae gan Cymrag y llenyddiaeth mwya gyfoethog yn y byd a llawer mwy gyfoethog na 2shakespear neu Charles dickens ac yn y blaen.

(Annibyniaeth Cymru)
(Cymru am byth)
JESS   Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:43 pm GMT
WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE U.K.WHY ARE YOU TAIRING YOURSELF APART.BEING OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES MAKES YOU WHAT YOU ARE.I ALSO DONE SOME RESEARCH AND WAS AMAZED AT THE NUMBER OF INVENTIONS AND DISCOVERYS THAT HAVE CAME OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY.JUST GET ON MAN.
Guest   Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:55 pm GMT
WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE U.K.WHY ARE YOU TAIRING YOURSELF APART.BEING OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES MAKES YOU WHAT YOU ARE.I ALSO DONE SOME RESEARCH AND WAS AMAZED AT THE NUMBER OF INVENTIONS AND DISCOVERYS THAT HAVE CAME OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY.JUST GET ON MAN.
---

Ddi Ing lisi nventade vrithing af coars.
meic   Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:17 pm GMT
annibyniaeth am cymru, daw ein dydd,cymru cysglyd wedi deffro a lawr gyda pobeth sais wedyn ymuno da gweldig celtaid.
ciem   Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:29 pm GMT
diatec gidlewg ad onumy nydew sias thebop adyg rawl orffrd idew dylgsyc urmyc ddyd nie wad urmyc ma thaeinybinna.
Adam Jones   Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:26 pm GMT
Pam rhydych chi wedi dweud Ciem beth mae Meic wedi dweud yn is-nol tybed cenfigenus i bod yn gymro gymraeg.
Ciem nice to see that u've put the welsh backwards obviasly jealous,

Sorri am siarad Saesneg pawb nd roeddwn i mond dweud wrthnt y na ydynt yn dwp a ein bod ni'n gallu deall beth maent yn Sgwennu.
Hwyl Fawr

(Annibyniaeth Cymru)
(Cymru am Byth)
Jessyca   Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:30 pm GMT
"And you Scots have the cheek to complain about the English always talking about the year 1966, whereas you lot have to be impolite and obnoxious to English people in your country for things that happened hundreds of years ago."

Aww but Adam, a few hundred years ago was the best period in history. Pretty eventful too. (Charlamagne, Genghis Khan, Shakespeare, Barbarossa, Joan of Arc, William Wallace, Saladin, Napoleon, Attila the Hun, Montezuma, the Vikings, St. Patrick, etc.)
Adam   Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:32 pm GMT
Joan of Arc - Who the English tried and burnt to death because she wanted France to gain independence from England when we ruled most of her godforsaken land during the Hundred Years War. Legal proceedings commenced on 9 January 1431 at Rouen, the seat of the English occupation government. During her execution, she was tied to a tall pillar, she asked two of the clergy to hold a crucifix before her. She repeatedly called out "in a loud voice the holy name of Jesus, and implored and invoked without ceasing the aid of the saints of Paradise." After she expired, the English raked back the coals to expose her charred body so that no one could claim she had escaped alive, then burned the body twice more to reduce it to ashes and prevent any collection of relics. They cast her remains into the Seine.

William Wallace - He was executed by the English at Smithfield Market in London in 1305 because he wanted Scottish indepence from England. This nasty little man was drawn and quartered—strangled by hanging but released near death, emasculated, eviscerated and his bowels burnt before him, beheaded, then cut into four parts (the four horrors) at the Elms in Smithfield. His preserved head was placed on a pike atop London Bridge. It was later joined by the heads of his brother, John, and Simon Fraser. His limbs were displayed, separately, in Newcastle, Berwick, Stirling and Aberdeen.

Napoleon - He was defeated by the English at Trafalgar (1805), Waterloo (1815), Battle of the Nile (1798) at Aboukir, etc etc etc.

Basically, this means that if you mess with the English you normally come to a messy end.
Adam   Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:34 pm GMT
The execution of Joan of Arc and France being ruled by the English? Revenge for the Norman invasion and subsequent ruling of England in 1066, I say.
Jessyca   Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:16 am GMT
Oh Adam, where to begin?

William Wallace--Are you seriously so close-minded that you honestly call Wallace a nasty little man? Oh yeah, I forget, you don't care whether or not your country was OCCUPYING them (which included rape, murder, thievery and such delivered by the English soldiers), as long as it was dear old ENGLAND, it was fine, right? Wallace was trying to free his country from an evil king--*cough cough*, Longshanks-- who was making a hellhole out of his country. Oh yes...PURE menacing, wasn't the Scot?

And you needn't lecture me on his execution. I researched him and know all of the morbid details, thanks.

Joan of Arc--Unfortunately, I don't know much about her aside from the fact that she was tried and burned at the stake for trying to free her country from the English--which, once again, you were OCCUPYING.

Napoleon--Hey, at least give him credit for trying.

As far as concerning "revenge" of William the Conquerer, the Battle of Hastings, and the Norman Invasion--Are you seriously still holding a grudge against that?....Daaaaaamn! And you accused the Scots for ranting on about events that happened hundreds of years ago!

"Basically, this means that if you mess with the English you normally come to a messy end."

Ohh, right! So THAT'S why America doesn't have the Union Jack on its flag....hmm, interesting...
Hawaii   Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:22 am GMT
>> Ohh, right! So THAT'S why America doesn't have the Union Jack on its flag....hmm, interesting... <<

Hawaii does though. Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Hawaii.svg
Hawaii   Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:24 am GMT
# The Hawaiian flag shall consist of eight horizontal stripes, alternately white, red, blue, etc., beginning at the top, having a jack cantoned in the dexter chief angle next to the point of suspension;
# The jack shall consist of a blue field charged with a compound saltire (crossing) of alternate tincture white and red, the white having precedence; a narrow edge of white borders each red side of the saltire;
Guest   Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:43 pm GMT
It's nice to see that Adam hasn't changed in the months that I've been away. I do hope that Pogo, sorry Adam gets the ride he so rightly deserves and needs.
AJ   Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:24 pm GMT
"William Wallace--Are you seriously so close-minded that you honestly call Wallace a nasty little man? Oh yeah, I forget, you don't care whether or not your country was OCCUPYING them (which included rape, murder, thievery and such delivered by the English soldiers), as long as it was dear old ENGLAND, it was fine, right? Wallace was trying to free his country from an evil king--*cough cough*, Longshanks-- who was making a hellhole out of his country. Oh yes...PURE menacing, wasn't the Scot?"

If Scotland is going to provoke a larger neighbour, as they were wont to do, then people 700 years later cannot complain about brutality and oppression, even though the common Scot suffered no better nor worse under such armies than the common people did in England. Remember too that Longshanks was a Frenchie Norman SOB whose forebears had decimated the north of England which dared rebel against him (not forgetting that the Northumbrians had to deal too with constant incursions from Scotland that you'll never see Hollywood memoralise in film). Whatever we think of the trans-Tweed conflicts of the dark ages, how we may or may not view it as foreign oppression or evil domination by others, foreign armies or not: people were being screwed by the man at the top.

Don't believe everything that Mel Gibson tells you.