For the love of Kernow

C6058AO   Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:11 pm GMT
"[T]hey are trying to come up with one spelling system to keep both sides happy..."

So a newly independent Cornwall could well be headed for civil war over - spelling.

Ha!
Damian in Alba   Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:14 pm GMT
YES! Today is ST PIRAN'S DAY. Cornish NATIONAL Day!

Fraternal greetings to all our Cornish kindred friends down there, from your fellow Celts in Scotland and Wales! I wish I was back in that wee pub in Polperro right now.....I cannae remember it's name but we had one fantastic time the night we were there!

Cheers to Cornwall and the Cornish.
C6058AR   Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:14 pm GMT
Cheers!

Now let's all have a pint of Spingo and a pasty!
Spingolover in Kernow   Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:58 pm GMT
CRA   Wed May 17, 2006 8:51 pm GMT
We haven't gone away, you know.
Jim C, Jorvicskyre   Wed May 17, 2006 9:43 pm GMT
Enjoy your selves, greetings from the north.
Jim C, Jorvicskyre   Wed May 17, 2006 10:08 pm GMT
HAHA, I should really look at the dates on the posts, that was months ago! AND I remember it being on the news, lol. Ive been drinking again, I dunno what day it is! I have to say, I normally don't like london beer, but this Waggle Dance (made with honey, something I do with my homebrews) is bloody nice.

Well CRA once your lot make it to Yorkshire, you'll be in for a big suprise... If the sheer size of the place doesn't freak you out, we will either charm you into a drunken stooper and dump you on Linconshire (they will treat you well), or kick seven shades out of you...but we havn't decided yet.....If you promise to keep west of the pennines, we might even help you out!
CRA   Thu May 18, 2006 12:13 pm GMT
We promise you a independent York free from foreign rule. Join us and together we shall defeat the barbaric Anglo-Saxons. Freedom!!
Adam   Thu May 18, 2006 4:55 pm GMT
I can't find the thread now, but there is a thread somewhere on this website about weird placenames in England.

Well, I've just been reading a funny story about a boy who lives in an large village in Shropshire. He went to the toilet and was shocked when he saw a snake climbing out of the toilet bowl.

The village that he lives in is called Ruyton XI Towns and is pronounced "Royton Eleven Towns".

So then I did a bit of research on the origin of its unusual name. The village acquired its unusual name in the twelfth century when a castle was built, and it became the major manor of eleven local townships. The Roman numeral for eleven is included in its name. Some of the eleven ancient townships, mostly situated to the north and west of Ruyton, still survive as hamlets today. The eleven were Coton, Eardiston, Felton, Haughton, Rednal, Ruyton, Shelvock, Shotatton, Sutton, Tedsmore and Wykey.
Adam   Thu May 18, 2006 5:03 pm GMT
Shropshire Star.

Ssshock as snake pops out of toilet
By SUZANNE ROBERTS

A snake slithered up a drain pipe and popped its head out of a toilet in a Shropshire village as an 11-year-old boy was in the bathroom.

Daniel Peate, of Ruyton XI Towns, spotted the creature as he was getting ready for bed on Monday evening.

The slippery snake, measuring about two-and-a-half feet, prevented other members of the family from using the toilet as it sat in the bowl for an hour-and-a-half before it slithered back down the pipe.

The snake was sandy brown and is believed to be a corn snake, a typical pet variety.

Daniel’s dad, David, said: “Daniel was getting ready for bed so he went to the bathroom and low and behold there it was. He was very cool and collected about it. He’s a bit of a prankster so I didn’t believe him at first, but I went in, lifted the lid, and there it was smiling at me.”

http://www.shropshirestar.com/show_article.php?aID=45535
Nick   Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:47 pm GMT
Ultimate Fighting Championship:

CNLA versus TV Chefs

Tune in next week for:

CNLA versus Postman Pat
Spear   Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:03 pm GMT
"The war will be over in a week and you'll be heavily defeated."

Sorry for the late imput, but i feel it is worth it. Wars can't be won these days dude, need i give an example? Cornwall could quite easily gain its independence, and with sound economic management could flourish. Let's face it that nice London money is so poorly invested and inadequately used that the shortfall from Cornwall's independence will be alot smaller. Just take a look at what the NHS extra investment has actually achieved. One point to add, I'll keep this short, would Scotland not have ownership rights over North Sea oil if it gained independence?
This would give it one of the top 5 GDP per capita figures in the world. Celtic independence is far more feasable that people make out.
Guest   Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:26 pm GMT
And another note; the Cornish should be pro-Europe, as this would benefit us massively not just in terms of subsidies but in terms of securing the longevity of an easily accessable export market, especially in an age where regional trading blocs seem to be gaining popularity around the world. And with regards to a few comments written earlier, the legitimate immigration of Muslims is beneficial and I'm disappointed at the insinuations of racism, these are childish (I do mean to be patronising).
EnglishBunny   Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:47 pm GMT
Nice to know the ENGLISH (myself included) are hated just for being ENGLISH, I've always thought of Cornwall as being part of England, my Welsh Dad hates the English and would side against England with any country under the sun, I'm sure he and many other Celts would do the same.

Perhaps the Southern states of America should in a similar move throw off their Northern Masters, and govern themselves, with Texas as an independent country. Same should happen with Tasmania and Australia.

Serbia and Russia should step up their murder of each other, particularly with Russia with their nukes aimed at Europe. Tibet and Thailand could team together to take on China.

Examining History, more closely the original inhabitants of Scotland should taking back their own land before the descendents of the Scottish seized modern day Scotland. Not to mention the Scottish "islands" should be given independence because the inhabitants refuse to be Scottish and call themselves natives to their land.

If I left any other countries out please feel free to post.

P.S. FCUK all you English hating pricks.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
julia   Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:36 am GMT
Who?
Aren't they just a bunch of silly old witches?
Doesn't the world have a enough to deal with- I suggest the CNLA start working with the locals for a greener planet and engage Jamie and Rick to promote a green, climate friendly productive cornish community.
Now just get on with it you pathetic bunch of numptys.

Ooohh aarrhh!