ROMANIAN the closest to CLASSICAL LATIN

augustin717   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:16 am GMT
Would you stop this childish squabble?
Octavian   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:20 am GMT
No you got gypsy blood. I got Roman/Dacian blood thats what tow races (or one considering they were the same race), but lets not get into that. We are talking about languages not ethnicity afterall. plus small insults about our countriesseems childish and off topic when disccusing languages dont you think?
augustin717   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:21 am GMT
Aldo,
Where are you from? Spain or South America?
Octavian   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:23 am GMT
Bine mai sorin ma cam loveste sub coaie cand spune asa ceva despre Romania.

Salut.
Sorin   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:27 am GMT
Maine ii mananc pe paine ! ha ha ha ! Flamencoisti si cu mafioti ! ha ha ha

See yah
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:29 am GMT
Even so, Spain was under MUSLIM they still spoke "an latin language"
Mozarabic (which is VERY conversative.)

Sorin; are you a guy for reals? Wow. You've too many "temper-tantrums" Like a girl would have in their periods..hahha Sorinu or should I say "SO-RIDDENCE" lamo!

I'm American and proud of it.

Classical latin
Pater noster, qui est in coelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum, fiat voluntas tua sicut in coelo et in terra. Panem nostrum cottidianum da nobis hodie et dimitte nobis dedita nostra, sicut nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in temptationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Mozarabic
Padre nostro que yes en el ciel, santificat siad lo teu nomne. Venya a nos el teu regno. Fayadse la tua voluntade ansi en la terra como en el ciel. El nostro pan de cada dia danoslo hoi ed perdonanos las nostras offensas como nos perdonamos los qui nos offendent. Non nos layxes cader in tentacion ed liberanos del mal. Amen.

Conversative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mozarabic (or Ajami) was a Southern Ibero-Romance language, that developed in those parts of Spain under Arab occupation from the early 8th century until about 1300. It was the spoken language of the city-dwellers, who remained Christians while the peasants generally converted to Islam. It appears that many Arabs also came to use it, even though Arabic remained the only written language.
By AD 1000 there were some two millions of Mozarabi speakers.

The Name
The term Mozarabic was derived from the Arabic word musta'rib arabicized, and the term Ajami -- from ajam ugly, barbarous.
See a historical note on the Mozarabs, the Christians under muslim domination in medieval Spain.
Origin and History
Mozarabic was the Romance language spoken by the Christians in the muslim possessions on the Iberian peninsula. For much of the Muslim period (711-1492), Christians were treated tolerantly and became culturally Arabized. Even after persecution by fanatic Muslim newcomers in the 12th century, the Mozarabs were often in conflict with Westernized "liberators" from the north. Their language died out soon after the Arabs were driven out of Spain at the end of the 15th century, though it is sometimes claimed that Mozarabic has left its mark on the dialects of southern Spain and Portugal.

Mozarabic is still used as a liturgical language in a few places in Spain and Morocco.

Phonology and Writing
apart from a 15th-century it is difficult to reconstruct the phonology of the language, but it appears to be a very conservative Hispanic language, which retained many archaic Latin forms and preserved a completely Romance sound system.
The vocalism is marked by the diphthongation of the short stressed e and o, even before [j]. The diphthongs {aj] and [aw] were retained.

The initial F- and the groups CL-, FL-, PL- remained unchanged. The intervocal -P-, -T-, -C- were also preserved without change, cf.:

lopa she-wolf, toto all, formica ant.
C before E and I was palatalized az [t], like in Italian.
augustin717   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:35 am GMT
As I know, there is, among the liturgical rites of the Catholic Church, one called "Mozarabic", but I haven't heard of any liturgical language called "Mozarabic". The Mozarabic rite is still used in several churches in Sevilla and Toledo.
Atention   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:44 am GMT
Atention ! Aldo is the famos “latino” trol from Latin America, The “latino trolls” are anti-anglosaxon and anti-everything… The Anglo-saxons were attacked, the French and now Romanian,

This
http://www.langcafe.net/

is the best and respectabl languge forum without “latino trolls” the forum has a secure admin password system.
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:59 am GMT
I'm American, you nieve "dictator" (sorin)
Octavian   Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:09 am GMT
When spain arabic influence the language mozarabic was still latin based. After the moors were defeated they left their mark on spain and spanish.

Similalry, when the Avars (slavic tribe) invaded "Romania" they left their mark on the phonology of romanian. most of the classical latin syntax remained intact and this form of old romanian was still a latin based language. after the Romanian national awakening Romanian phonology was relatinezed to some extent. (similalry Mozarabic disappeared 400 years prior) though romanian retained most of its cassical latin syntax which survived the slavic influence. This is why Romanian is the closest to cassical latin what is so hard to understand?

Classical Latin Romanian Italian Im sorry but I am
unfamiliar
with spanish syntax but I
am
6 cases 5 cases 5 cases sure it is closer to Italian
4 nouns 4 nouns 2 nouns then either classical Latin
3 genders 3 genders 2 genders or Romanian.

plus romanian has "u" endings from classical Latin "um" or "us"
Spanish and Italian has "O" endings from archaic Latin though I am not sure how credible this actually is since its such a blunt association. and thus remains Aldo's theory.

And that is that!
octavian   Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:13 am GMT
sorry

classical Latin

cases 6

nouns 4

gender 3

Romanian

cases 5

nouns 4

gender 3

Italian

cases 5

nouns 2

gender 2

I am unfamiliar with spanish syntax however I believe it is closer to italian than it is to cassical latin or romanian
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:18 am GMT
Octavian, I'll give you that.

What is "sorin" so HARD headed about this

Archaic latin; "om/os"
Classical latin; "um/us"
Vulgar latin; "u"
Late vulgar latinl "o"

Romanian referenced? or inherited "vulgar" latin "u" and from vulgar latin it inherited and reference "um/us" from (classical latin).

Spanish & Italian reference "late vulgar latin" "o" which "late vulgar latin" reference or inherited archaic latin "om/os"

The truth is there.....Sorin you believe what you want. But, portraying an dictator against people is not the key, it's foolish and it'll be your downfall.
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:32 am GMT
Octavian, all the romance languages are similar...either one way or another.

Romanian's strong point to CLASSICAL LATIN is it's declension and certain archaic word; and of course it's phonology & grammar. That's all.

Spanish's strong point to "CLASSICAL LATIN" is it's Grammar/phonology/syntax/verb-conjunctioning & vocabulary. Other things are the "sibilant" -s- Also, not changing "B" to "V" (haber/labor/caballo, SP) (habere/labor(e)/caballus, C.L) like all the other romance languages "SWITCHED to "v". Also, Words like "factor/producto/lacteo/" that have the -ct- and sometimes it changes to -ch-. also "ad/ob/sub etc." -adaptar/obtener/subjeto etc.
resembling C.L

Italian's strong point to CLASSICAL LATIN is it's Vocabulary/phonology/syntax & some grammar. Italian represents
all the "qualities" of Classical latin in certain aspects. Also closely holds vocabulary words in place at times.
Octavian   Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:43 am GMT
I personally dont have a problem with "os" /"om" endings and similarly the some may condider them unlatinesque when ironically it can be said that, this is how latin began. Personally I think every romance language holds unique characteristics that can be identified only with the father tongue and we shouldn't be resorting to insults in order to overcome debates.

I find the "o" endings in Spanish and Italian unbothersome though sometimes I can see how someone might be irretated by the stress of the long "o" in Italian found throught the italian language.
Like I said, I personally am not bothered by the "o" endings found in Italian Spanish and Portuguese.
Octavian   Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:05 am GMT
Romanian also has ad/ob/sub same as Spanish
examples adapta/obtine/subiect

Spanish is unique in that it preserved the Latin "B" in "Habere" (Romanian "Avea") spanish "Haber" that amongst other things.