ROMANIAN the closest to CLASSICAL LATIN

Aldo   Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:25 am GMT
Sorin, you've TOO many temper tantrums. Also you can't prove anything via e-mail or via messenger to Greg or any of us. Because we have and hold more truth then your "lil" fantast ideas about Romanian.
Aldo   Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:26 am GMT
old latin; oino and optumo
classical; unum and optimum
vulgar latin; unu and optimu
Italian; uno and ottimale/optimum* (invariable)
Spanish; uno and optimo
Romanian; unu and optimu

the "proof" is there, ignorance is easy to do. Learning is an task. Apparently "sorin" or sorina has an DIFFICULT time comprehending.
Sorinus !!! :)   Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:17 am GMT
>Classical latin:
"Sorinus -i" <

@ Civis Romanus sum , Yes thank you .

Sorinus sounds quite nice, honestly it does ! So much better than SorinO !!!

Dear readers, well as you suspected, even the word MASCULINE in Italian is wrote…hmm , guess how ? it is MascOlinO ! ha ha ha ! MASCOLINO ! What can you expect?

ALBERT ------(from the Germanic name Adalbrecht which meant "bright nobility")
ROBERT ------(means "bright fame", derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright")
Richard---- (derived from the Germanic elements ric "power, rule" and hard "brave, hardy").
Alfred-------(derived from the Old English element ælf "elf" combined with ræd "counsel")
Carl---------(from the Germanic name Karl, derived from a Germanic word "man")

Please note, that these are just few names, there are hundreds of other Germanic or non-Latin names that suffer from the “O” ending syndrome.

AlbertO
RobertO,
RichardO,
AlfredO
CarlO

Why “O”? All these Germanic names have a meaning in old German that was denaturised and corrupted by adding the useless “O” ending. And after all, the “O” is not even that masculine. “US” ending is much more masculine and appropriate for a man’s name.

For example don’t you think that:

AlbertUS
RobertUS
RichardUS
AlfredUS
CarlUS

Sounds much nicer and masculine than with the "O" ? If not, at least they sound much sober.

To me, AlbertUS sounds quite nice !

Now you tell me S.P.Q.R where does the “O” ending come from? And why do you add it at the end of any Germanic or non-Latin masculine name and masculine noun?

Why ?????????
Aldo   Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:31 am GMT
old latin; oino and optumo
Spanish; uno and optimo
Romanian; unu and optimu

Forum veritas, ingorantia tuam est invidia.

classical latin
AlbertUS
RobertUS
RichardUS
AlfredUS
CarlUS

Romanian
AlbertU
RobertU
RichardU
AlfredU
CarlU

vulgar latin
AlbertU
RobertU
RichardU
AlfredU
CarlU

Archaic latin
AlbertOS
RobertOS
RichardOS
AlfredOS
CarlOS

Italian & spanish
AlbertO
RobertO
RichardO
AlfredO
CarlO

Late vulgar latin
AlbertO
RobertO
RichardO
AlfredO
CarlO

I think the truth is in the eye of the beholder, other knows and others just won't accept it. Archaic latin "os-om" were either inherited or referenced from "ancient greek" or "Estruscan." Perhaps the change to "om-os" was to either distinguish BOTH languages (Latin & Greek)and the fact ancient greek and archaic latin look much similar in various aspects and phonology, I think classical latin took the next step and differentiated itself from GREEK or it's influence and changed "om-os" towards "um-us."
Sorin   Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:10 am GMT
>old latin; oino and optumo
Spanish; uno and optimo
Romanian; unu and optimu<

Rubbish ! You have no clue about Latin and Romanian.

In Classical Latin is UNUS not unum
In Vulgar Latin is UNO not unu
In Romanian is OPTIMUM not optimu

And what on earth is this ?

>Archaic latin
AlbertOS
RobertOS
RichardOS
AlfredOS
CarlOS <

A schizophrenic delirium ?

I can’t believe your nonsense! Western Romance deriving from Archaic Latin !?!? I am astounded! Wow !

So, where is the “O” ending in RobertO coming from ? From Archaic Latin ? ha ha ha ! Oh my god! He really believes that Spanish and Italian are derived from Archaic Latin !!! Bless him !

And one more thing, ALDO is not a Latin name , is derived from Germanic >Aldal< meaning "noble". And was bimbo-fied by Spanish adding the “O” ending as standard,

Tell me AldO, was the "O" ending added to your name from Archaic Latin ? ha ha ha !

Bless him !
Sorin   Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:13 am GMT
Now you tell me S.P.Q.R where does the “O” ending come from? And why do you add it at the end of any Germanic or non-Latin masculine name and masculine noun?

Why ?????????
Luis Zalot   Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:01 am GMT
Archaic latin
AlbertOS
RobertOS
RichardOS
AlfredOS
CarlOS

If Archaic-latin was in usage today, these names would be written as disclosed.
S.P.Q.R   Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:48 pm GMT
To SorinuS:
Robertus; Late latin Robertu= U rounded = O.
Explained
Sorin   Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:03 pm GMT
>To SorinuS:
Robertus; Late latin Robertu= U rounded = O.
Explained<

What ?

You just compromised yourself . This is a pathetic and a nonsense answer a 6 year old, would write. Late Vulgar Latin adopted the “O” ending. It would be RobertO not the “U” ending.

I can’t stop laughing at your pathetic attempt to justify the infamous “O” ending, deriving from Archaic Latin. ?! That is such a nonsense, this ridiculous idea was born on this forum…by "latino trols"
S.P.Q.R   Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:26 pm GMT
Sorin:
Pardon my poor english,
Late vulgar latin rounded the termin al u of accusative and nominative, so italian inerithed O form vulgar latin, i never tried to say the inehrited it from archaic, even is might be possible but not proved yet.
greg   Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:56 pm GMT
S.P.Q.R : « i never tried to say the inehrited it from archaic, even is might be possible but not proved yet »

Comment veux-tu que l'ancien toscan ait hérité d'un quelconque caractère du latin préclassique puisque cette langue était déjà morte et enterrée alors que l'orolatin tardif — dont l'ancien toscan est issu — s'épanouissait de la Manche à la Méditerranée ?
S.P.Q.R   Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:02 pm GMT
Sorry greg, i can't understand what you've said, do you think that the ancient toscan had preclassical latin charachters?
Please write in other language because i'm not very accostumed to french.
Guest   Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:16 pm GMT
He won't, he is protesting. (????)
Octavian   Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:25 pm GMT
Draga Sorin,

Eu nu am spus ca Latina batrina este apropriata de limba Italiana si Spaniola, numa ca este o mare coinicidence intre limbi. Asta nu inseamna ca Italiana si Spaniola sa dezvoltat direct din Latina arhaica, defapt, eu sunt deacor cu tine cind spui ca presentarea asta este un ridicol.

Scuza daca am scris incorrect nu am scris in Romana de mult timp.

Salve Frati Romani.
S.P.Q.R   Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:05 pm GMT
Prietenul Octavianu:
I agree, sorry if i don't write in romanian but i fear of possible errors, yes nor italian or spanish descend form archaic latin, the OS o found in both lanugages are derived from the process of rounding U