French vs Italian vs Spanish vs Portuguese vs Chinese

GOD BLESS AMERICA   Thu May 17, 2007 12:08 am GMT
<<Congratulations, you just got Canada on top of you.
good luck with the Canadians.>>

You think we give two shits about America, Jr.? They should be grateful to have us protecting their worthless asses.
Franco   Thu May 17, 2007 8:04 am GMT
Lol, i opened this thread and it took me a while to realise it was not the same thread that i read before, because on this forum all the threads are of one topic with multiple names as though disguises, all of them are treatments of the matter of americans vs spanishes, which is good, because this debate is needed, maybe even civil war in usa is needed.
Guest   Thu May 17, 2007 9:04 am GMT
<<americans vs spanishes, which is good, because this debate is needed, maybe even civil war in usa is needed.>>

Yeah right, the Americans have already beaten the "Spanishes" twice, shall we make it an even hat trick?

We know what you dirty Spics are up to in our country, and trust me when I say, we won't stand for it. Come to our country legally, earn your citizenship like everyone else, speak English, and become Americans, and there won't be any problems. Otherwise, you shall perish!
Franco   Thu May 17, 2007 10:03 am GMT
I'm sure that's what the Iraquis say to the US soldiers! Ha ha ha! Did they enter legally? Why should Hispanics?
Guest   Thu May 17, 2007 6:03 pm GMT
<<I'm sure that's what the Iraquis say to the US soldiers! Ha ha ha! Did they enter legally? Why should Hispanics?>>

For the past century or more, we have had immigration conventions which most groups of people wishing to enter the United States have followed. Mexicans shall not receive special treatment just because their crappy country happens to share a border with us!

And don't get me started on the Iraqis. We destroyed their army. That's not who we're fighting anymore, however. Remember when al-Qaeda bombed your trains in Spain? I'd like to see YOU try and fight them!
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 7:01 pm GMT
Everyone knows that all Hispanics are dirty, lazy Spics who are good for nothing except picking berries, making burritos, and landscaping!

mmmmhhh so strange! I've ever thought this for Americans with a difference: Americans in addition are ugly, obese, hairy, black, greasy, cheesy, unclassy, filthy, drunk, false, stupid, racist, arrogant, useless, killers, insane, paranoic, uneducated, ignorant, warmongers, violent etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Oh yes I forgot: the heavy polluters on the planet: filthy cowboys
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 7:48 pm GMT
who spend billions of dollars on language translation,

then???!! SO WHAT??!!!! What an idiot statement is this???!! Only an American can be so idiot, evidently he does not know in Europe there are a lot of languages!!! He thinks Europeans all speaks english and then trslated it!!!! AHA AAHAHAH HAHH!!!!!

who work only 35 hours a week,

Yes, and they have a quality life you can only dream on! Then make yourself this question: they work "only" 35 hours a week...and WHO IS THE IDIOT between you and them???!!!!

and who destory their own continent once every few decades

Yes, US tradition is destroying other countries!
The American   Sat May 19, 2007 8:21 pm GMT
<<then???!! SO WHAT??!!!! What an idiot statement is this???!! Only an American can be so idiot, evidently he does not know in Europe there are a lot of languages!!! He thinks Europeans all speaks english and then trslated it!!!! AHA AAHAHAH HAHH!!!!!>>

The point is that it's an extreme waste of money, something we shouldn't do in the United States if we don't have to, which is why English should be the primary language. And yes, I am aware that dozens of languages are spoken in Europe.

<<Yes, and they have a quality life you can only dream on! Then make yourself this question: they work "only" 35 hours a week...and WHO IS THE IDIOT between you and them???!!!!>>

We have a very high quality of life here in the United States, certainly better than most European countries. We work harder for more material things, and Europeans work less but enjoy more leisure time. We simply value different things, neither is inherently better than the other.
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 9:04 pm GMT
I am aware that dozens of languages are spoken in Europe.

So you are aware of the stupidity of your statement.
How can Europe avoid translations if there are dozen of language spoken? This is an immense cultural richness which US have not

We have a very high quality of life here in the United States, certainly better than most European countries.

You can go on dreaming. Sincerely I don't think there is a single European country in which people have worst conditions than you, furthermore all European countries are full of history, culture and beauty.
I clear this concept to all Americans once for all: in US the quality of life is high ONLY if you have money!!! Otherwise living in that country is HELL.
You simply seem not to understand this simple concept.
In US the quality of life is so high that if you have not money they leave you die on the street. What a modern and civilised country.
If you have not an assurance or enough money you don't exist as a human being, what a high model to follow.
You work all day and you have not holidays....what an envy!
Trust me, there are few Europeans who would leave their country for US.
And do you still prefer US "way of life"? Stay there. For an American life is spending all days making money to leave there after death. What a great concept of life. I prefer travelling and know the world intead of changing car each year, just an example.

We work harder for more material things,

As below... yes, we KNOW well the american philosophy of god-money.
If you are happy this way...
There are countries working harder than you, so what? Are they better than you in your mentality? Do we have to take them as example?
In Europe too people work hard, but the difference is that European people have other things to do than working like donkeys in an useless way just to try feeling better at the eyes of society.
Explain why if an European does the same work as an American in less hours he has to work more hours? This is simply a ill mentality to please the "boss".
At the end it is worthly saying that thing of the "American work harder" is a legend.

and Europeans work less but enjoy more leisure time.

Work less?? I wish it was true! What a stereotype.
Even if it is right (and it isn't), I can repeat you the same question: who is the smartest one? Not Americans I think. Enjoying life is not a crime but in your bigot and false puritan mentality is an hard concept to conceive

We simply value different things, neither is inherently better than the other.

You are right. So why have you sent that previous post?
I'm happy you recognize its stupidity
Franco   Sat May 19, 2007 9:45 pm GMT
Haha americans are materialistic pigs,

I recommend that you read this book "the lost continent' by Bill Bryson to understand what hell america is!
The American   Sat May 19, 2007 10:15 pm GMT
<<So you are aware of the stupidity of your statement.
How can Europe avoid translations if there are dozen of language spoken? This is an immense cultural richness which US have not >>

No, but for some things, such as laws and government, tough choices need to be made in which languages to use. The EU should stop wasting money on translation services for obscure languages spoken by small fractions of the population. But like everything in Europe, this is part of the big, wasteful bureaucracy that resident pay for without thinking twice about.

<<You can go on dreaming. Sincerely I don't think there is a single European country in which people have worst conditions than you, furthermore all European countries are full of history, culture and beauty.>>

Based on what? All of the quality of life measures have the United States in the top 10 or 15, and that includes being ahead of most European countries, except for maybe Benelux, Switzerland, and a few of the Scandanavian countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_Human_Development_Index#Top_thirty_countries_.28HDI_range_from_0.965_down_to_0.885.29

Also, there is plenty of beauty in the United States:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Heritage_Sites_in_the_Americas#United_States

<<I clear this concept to all Americans once for all: in US the quality of life is high ONLY if you have money!!! Otherwise living in that country is HELL.>>

Sure I do. We have a large and thriving middle class.

<<In US the quality of life is so high that if you have not money they leave you die on the street. What a modern and civilised country.>>

It's no worse here than it is in other developed countries.

<<You work all day and you have not holidays....what an envy!>>

Huh? We have plenty of holidays and vacations.

<<Trust me, there are few Europeans who would leave their country for US.>>

I don't think history backs this statement up. When things get tough, people from other countries have always flocked our shores. Furthermore, currently, immigration from Europe to the United States is far greater than vice versa.

<<And do you still prefer US "way of life"? Stay there. For an American life is spending all days making money to leave there after death. What a great concept of life. I prefer travelling and know the world intead of changing car each year, just an example.>>

We work hard and we play hard. And when it comes time to travel and enjoy our vacations, we have more money to spend to see more of the world.

<<There are countries working harder than you, so what? Are they better than you in your mentality? Do we have to take them as example?
In Europe too people work hard, but the difference is that European people have other things to do than working like donkeys in an useless way just to try feeling better at the eyes of society.
Explain why if an European does the same work as an American in less hours he has to work more hours? This is simply a ill mentality to please the "boss".
At the end it is worthly saying that thing of the "American work harder" is a legend.>>

Our per hour, per capita GDP, speaks for itself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita_per_hour
The American   Sat May 19, 2007 10:16 pm GMT
<<Haha americans are materialistic pigs,

I recommend that you read this book "the lost continent' by Bill Bryson to understand what hell america is!>>

Honestly, if you read the book and came to that conclusion, you really didn't understand what was being said.
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 11:42 pm GMT
Wikipedia????!!! Have I read right?? WIKIPEDIA????!!!!
AAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
What a reliable source!!
Excuse me, ONLY dumbs can rely on this Internet trash!!
A site where a 8 years old can write on.
Here where Americans get acculturized! This explain many things.
Go on acculturizing on "wikipedia" and you'll see the results
The American   Sun May 20, 2007 12:09 am GMT
<<Wikipedia????!!! Have I read right?? WIKIPEDIA????!!!!
AAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
What a reliable source!!
Excuse me, ONLY dumbs can rely on this Internet trash!!
A site where a 8 years old can write on.
Here where Americans get acculturized! This explain many things.
Go on acculturizing on "wikipedia" and you'll see the results>>

I have an idea. If you think it's so easy to post anything you'd like on wikipedia, please go ahead and try to do so. Your posting won't last more than five minutes, because people make sure what's posted on it is correct. But here are more links, if you don't like Wikipedia:

HUMAN DEVELOPMENT INDEX:
http://hdr.undp.org/hdr2006/pdfs/report/HDR06-complete.pdf

UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES:
http://whc.unesco.org/pg.cfm?cid=31

GDP PRODUCTION PER HOUR:
http://www.ggdc.net/index.html
Guest   Sun May 20, 2007 12:38 am GMT
No, but for some things, such as laws and government, tough choices need to be made in which languages to use. The EU should stop wasting money on translation services for obscure languages spoken by small fractions of the population. But like everything in Europe, this is part of the big, wasteful bureaucracy that resident pay for without thinking twice about.

I see you got the point entirely! I had no false hopes anyway.
I cannot expect you can ever understand what is a culture richness.
This “wasting money” is called culture preservation and it is typical in Europe. I know you want to create a coarse and flat globality, maybe with English as sole language just for convenience uh?
To US only advantages…
Your materialistic mentality is without hope, in Europe languages with less than 50 speakers are preserved and everyone is proud and don’t think such a rubbish.
I know for your mentality spend money for culture, welfare and social acticities is a blasphemy.
Let me understand your genial thought; for some things (WHICH ONES? WHO DECIDE?) choices need (WHY????) to be made in which langauge to use (WHICH ONE???????).
And then, after you don’t have to translate anyway?!
Europe won’t ever have an “official” langauge because no country is the official one.
Please stop this “langauge issue” because it is an idiocy, CERTAINLY it is not one of the problems of Europe and nobody think about it there, it’s only your problem and it's the first time I've heard about it.
Secondly, explain me (since you are a good economist) a thing: I have to understand what job all the very skillful European translators (that’s to say people with an enormous professionality/education and a huge training everone is proud) have to do!
The European bureaucracy is heavy and bad, but it’s logical, Europe is a union of many different countries, how can you compare to US that are a single nation? Don’t you understand it’s a very different thing? The European union is already a miracle….
Finally it’s better you think of your “wasting money”: in your case is throwing bombs everywhere and almost being on the rocks to make wars. Great.

Based on what? All of the quality of life measures have the United States in the top 10 or 15, and that includes being ahead of most European countries, except for maybe Benelux, Switzerland, and a few of the Scandanavian countries.

But in what way you think????? By percentages and hit parades?
You HAVE TO live in countries to talk about them, the percentages say nothing.
I’m not talking after read wikipedia, but for practical experience. I have been in US and in other countries. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN in EUROPE? If not, you can’t talk.
Are you talking about quality life? Evidently you don’t know Scandinavian countries have the highest rate of suicides, Benelux and Switzerland has decent standards but they are big like an hankerchief, with very few other EU countries can offer.

Sure I do. We have a large and thriving middle class.

Yes, talking about poors (the LARGEST class in US)…

It's no worse here than it is in other developed countries.

No, in Europe NOBODY die because have no money and nobody refuse medical treatments to people without insurance. That’s the difference.

Huh? We have plenty of holidays and vacations.

HUH??? I have been in US and I have NEVER seen anyone having a vacation!! Unless you call holiday the week-end. Oh, I forgot: in US holidays are NOT paid.
Furthermore you are contraddcting yourself: you said you are hard workers bla bla and now you says you are PLENTY of holidays and vacations? Weren't Europeans the pussies?
Ohhh you are so tough!

I don't think history backs this statement up. When things get tough, people from other countries have always flocked our shores. Furthermore, currently, immigration from Europe to the United States is far greater than vice versa.

Are you kidding or what?? What f**ing this issue grasps with what you are talking about?
First: Obvious US have many immigrants from everywhere, it’s the land of the immigrants! What a discovery. In which way do you think US was populated?
They were all poors, oucasted with NO CHOICE, nobody left happily and voluntarily his own country to go to US and making a dreary life.
Second: US wanted people because you NEEDED them, you forgot this small detail.
Anyway, I was talking PRESENT days: people who CAN choose where to live. In this case immigration from US to Europe is far greater.