Why is greek such a funny language?

Marika   Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:18 pm GMT
Hi, I'm Marika and I am Greek. I have a dark complexion like all greeks and I don't care. I don't care that my Grand grand grand father was Turkish because all the Grand grand grand fathers of Greeks are Turkish, so it's not that I am alone. Also, no one in Europe seems to care that we are of Turkish origin but speak Greek. They all call us Greeks and they don't care where we come from. My cousin has married an Albanian man and her children have light skin and they speak Greek and they are just as welcomed in Europe as us with turkish-like dark complexion, it's not that they like them more because they are 1/2 Albanian and have lighter skin.

Our Greek language is beautiful but very hard for non-Greeks, so, don't bother. The food is great and you are welcomed.

I got here all by chance. I don't have much time to spend it on forums so I probably won't be back. Anyway, this forum rocks. Good bye eveyone.
Steve   Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:33 pm GMT
I love Greek people but I must say that they look identical with their twin Turkish brothers. And not just the skin tone. Greek look basically like Turks without the mustache. Period. No offence to both of them.
Pelasgus   Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:35 pm GMT
and the Last Straw

EVEN IN ANCIENT TIMES THERE ARE WHITE AND BROWN GREEKS

The people like Pelasgians who resided in Greece before the invasions of Indoeuropeans Dorians were browns,they got hellenized by the time.

So the dark "racists" theory is baseless.....

You speak greek,you are a GREEK like the famous Syrian Lucian of Samosata (Greek: Λουκιανὸς Σαμοσατεύς)
who wrote their Cynic dialogues and other stuff in Greek
http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Satires-Lucian-Norton-Library/dp/0393004430

Greek language was for centuries a lingua franca what english is now.
Steve   Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:48 pm GMT
By the way, this is what the Greek guy Sotiris had to say about all this and the fact that Greeks don't look like other Europeans. It is a sincere story that should make us think that how wrong sometimes we perceive people. We should be more careful at how we treat each other.

Sotiris said:

"Who said that no one cares? I care, my brother cares, my cousins care...they are being stopped at the airports all the time because they look like...you know...I am greek!!! Greek!!! Do you understand? Greek and not....! Stop interrogating us!!! Ii is not our fault that our ancestors married arabs or turks...it's not our fault that we look the way we look...It is not enough to apologise afterwards for not knowing that we were greeks but we looked like arabs...do you understand? Stop using vinyl gloves on us...

Who said that greek is not beautiful. I am greek and I love greek...opaaaaa....greek language is beautiful and greek people are the best and the most intelligent in the whole world...opaaaaa... "
Pelasgus   Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:19 pm GMT
If you watched the game Portugal - Greece 0-1
you would see that Portuguese are more dark than Greeks

http://www.soccernet.com/images/jb2/zagorakis_get350.jpg

http://football-week.com/cutenews/data/upimages/portugal_team.jpg

BUT THE ALBANIAN GUYS IN THIS FORUM LIKE "SOTIRIS,MARIKA" etc
(Only the Ultra-Albanians are boasting of being White in the Balkans)

they continue their "Proud White Theory" because they want
to claim that they are virgin,untouched,pure from dark blood
the oldest people bla,bla....
------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I said it is no good to be an isolated nation and get married with your relatives.

BIOLOGY RULES...it harms the brain...
Calliope   Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:31 pm GMT
You know Pelasgus, I have been thinking the exact same thing... can't the moderators see IPs? Of course they can. Shouldn't they preserve the credibility of this forum by taking care of sock puppets? What about people pretending they are something they are not, and thus giving fake linguistic and cultural information? One person using a number of different handles can twist the conclusions a genuinely curious person might draw. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of this board? Doesn't it ruin its credibility?

Brennus, these are not sarcastic remarks; I am honestly curious about the policy of the board. I am not interested in playing the sock puppet game myself in order to balance things out; please let us know what the policy is on what I asked - if it is so hands down, I will bow out and bother no more with hatred driven nationalistic morons playing with nicknames.
Bogdan   Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:53 am GMT
Hi again,

My name is Bogdan and I am half Polish, half Romanian. I did post a couple of times in this topic and I thought that nationality was not an issue we were required to declare when we give our opinions and ideas, because it looks and tastes very racist. But as you all can see, we are dealing with a group of paranoid, self-hating, self-negating, all-around-just-enemies mentality, Greeks who cannot see and hear the truth that every one here says. I hope not all the Greeks in Greece are like these in here, because it would have been a national disaster for Greece itself. But I think that they might be the same, since Greece is the ONLY state in the world that it requires its citizens and non-citizens to declare their religion, nationality and statehood by law (and write it in the passports) - JUST LIKE NAZIS!!!

Dear innocent non-Greeks of this forum,

I have never in my life seen a group of nationals as the Greeks in here. They are the most disrespectfull, racist, flame-headed, hard-headed, thick-headed, no-argument-but-hate, scared-of-truth, weak and confused, identityless, no-greek-no-turk-no-nothing, isolated fakes, priceless retards that I have ever encountered anywhere, anytime.

These greeks cannot accept the truth from nobody in this forum or anything, be that Latin-American, Japanese, Middle-Eastern, European, Balkanik, Scandinavian, fish, bear, God, air, slaps, machine, anything...
Nothing can penetrate the thickness of these rocky-heads!
They fear themselves more than they fear the outside world, they fear their own genetics, their own fathers and kids, they fear of knowing that what they hate most, is in reality nothing else but themselves...

Everyone in here seems to have clear ideas and thoughts but them. They live their dreams with eyes open and walk their days with their dark skins (which I think are JUST FINE) thinking they look European and everyone keeps them thinking that way, because you see for themselves how they become when you tell them the truth...and Europeans close their eyes because no one has time to waste with Greeks' Turkish Origins or their ambiguous genetics.

Greeks like these still think and teach their kids at school that Ottomans (Turks), used condoms when they ruled Greece for more than 500 years. Yes, 7 generations of horny turkish soldiers, away from their homes for years ejacted their pricey liquids in tubes, or bushes and not right at the greek target. These greeks belive that they drove dinosaurs to church and back home.

These greeks don't respect any other race or nationality. They live in a small, tiny world where everything inside is greek and everything outside is anti-greek. They don't care who you are, they hit you mercyless with their hate-vocabulary, enriched through centuries of self-hateing, miserable lives.

I have been in Greece and I know that greeks sometimes get a little irritated and itchy for no apparent reason, but greeks in here are like a boiling pot, waiting to be thrown at any innocent by-passer that tries to say a word or two in this forum. This type of behavior has been a trend in the Balkans for years, but things seemed to have coled down, but nooooooo...that time has not gone for Greeks, who still want to inflict pain to anyone who doesn't think like them.

Whoever wants to read my postings here, can go back and read them. I am not comming back in this Greek Boiling Pot. I have to talk more to my Polish and Romanian fellows.
Ion   Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:08 am GMT
Bogdan, your are either drunk or drunk! That's everything I cand say, and I'm only Romanian!

See a doctor, boy!
Calliope   Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:13 am GMT
a) Religion is stated neither on the Greek ID card, nor on the Greek passport. Furthermore, both documents are EU documents now and follow EU norms - not Greek ones.
b) We don't *look* European, we *are* European, seeing that the very idea of Europe is Greek.
c) Condoms were not available during the Turkish occupation. Only a moron would think otherwise. It is most certainly not taught in Greek schools.
d) The only one offended repeatedly and in general as a nation in this thread, is the Greeks. My calling you a moron is a comment on you personally, not on your nationality. On the contrary, your list of offensive adjectives attributed to a whole nation is highly racist and hatred driven. I can only assume you were looking in the mirror when you were accusing others of disrespecting nations as a whole.
Calliope   Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:17 am GMT
Brennus, I am waiting for an answer... seriously.
Bogdan   Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:18 am GMT
Ion,

You are not Romanian, you are just a short, fat, ball-headed, penny-less greek who spends his little retirement money on booze and listening to turkish music with greek lyrics; and eats old potato chips when posting in this forum.

And Calliope is a widow whose husband killed himself, trying to escape the pain of living with her. Or might even be a pedophile Greek orthodox priest who likes to act like a woman on forums in a desperate way to be who he/she really is, a monster.

You "people" can be anything, but in the eyes of whoever posted in this forum, you are ALL OF THE ABOVE.
Calliope   Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:24 am GMT
So, according to Bogdan, in the eyes of everyone who posted in this forum I am a widow whose husband killed himself, trying to escape the pain of living with her, AND a pedophile Greek orthodox priest who likes to act like a woman on forums in a desperate way to be who he/she really is, a monster.

And in the eyes of everyone who has posted in this forum, Ion is a short, fat, ball-headed, penny-less greek who spends his little retirement money on booze and listening to turkish music with greek lyrics; and eats old potato chips when posting in this forum.

But of course, Bogdan is an honest, sophisticated individual, who says things as they are andnever offends anyone... right?

Hear that Brennus..?
Ion   Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:42 am GMT
Thank you, Brennus!
Calliope   Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:58 pm GMT
Thanks Brennus, I appreciate that. But I still wonder, are sock puppets allowed in this forum when they take over a discussion? I'm not going to argue against the rules of the forum; I just want to know, so that I can decide whether it is worth it for me personally to stick around or not.
Ion   Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:43 pm GMT
Let's speak about the language! When did the new Greek start to differentiate itself from the old one and which were the circumstances?

Thank you?