Which language sounds the worst??

Claudia   Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:26 pm GMT
Yes Brian. Greek is really terrible. What a waste of time. Please avoid greek. We have enough conflicts in the world already...
Un Mallorquí   Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:41 pm GMT
Mais, enfin, qu'est-ce que vous avez contre le grec moderne? Je l'étudie moi même et, à mon goût, c'est une langue merveilleuse, pleine d'attraits, très intéressante, qui sonne très bien, et assez rapprochée du grac classique.

Vous savez, cette histoire des langues qui plaisent plus ou moins, ou pas du tout, c'est une perte de temps. À chacun son goût. Nous avons d'autres chats à fouetter. Il y a tellement de sujets de discussion.

Miquel Adrover - Mallorca
Alba   Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:14 pm GMT
I agree, except I'll revise the first two languages:

"Yep, Serbian , Russian and Greek...they should be banned forever...they are like body-abducting aliens...they transform innocent speakers into ugly monsters...there should be an UN meeting to vote out these three so-called languages from human usage. If anyone speaks them in pubic, they should be fined for causing pain and suffering to innocent listeners...they should be treated like other harm causing bad habits like smoking, or excesive drinking...please, stop using them...you're killing us with your irresponsibility...do it for the children..."
eastern   Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 am GMT
Agreed and add albanian to the list, what a wast of time.
Info   Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:51 am GMT
Alba is not albanian but a hispanic troll.
Slavica   Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:00 am GMT
Serbian and rusian languages are OK, not beautiful, not special, just OK. Greek language on the other hand is really ugly and useless. Stay away from it. It hurts your ears! Lets pray it gets banned in the near future. Those poor souls must be saved!
Grecophile   Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:26 am GMT
Here is a famous Greek song ("The children of Piraeus"Ta paidia tou Peiraia), from the movie "Never on Sunday" ("Pote tên Kyriakê"), performed by the great singer and actress Melina Mercouri.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeq4hsU5Bnc
Grecophile   Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:35 am GMT
This has english subtitles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qALQY6hoA&mode=related&search=

Piraeus-Olympiakos :-)
Alba   Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:10 pm GMT
No I am Albanian, although Hispanic people are awsome, I'm not Spanish. I just thought what booboogun said was hilarious but I had to change the first two languages :-).....though he got Greek right, the language of the people where homosexuality started. hahaha
Alba   Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:12 pm GMT
But of course you cant blame the Greeks since Greek girls are really ugly...hahhaha no im kidding people calm down.
Guest   Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:02 pm GMT
(Here is a famous Greek song ("The children of Piraeus"Ta paidia tou Peiraia), from the movie "Never on Sunday" ("Pote tên Kyriakê"), performed by the great singer and actress Melina Mercouri.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeq4hsU5Bnc)

Nice song, can´t understand a word though, it´s all Greek to me lol.
European   Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:24 am GMT
Oh man, that's ugly. I thought Grecophile was going to fix something, but he found the way to make things even worse for greek language...hey guys...stop speaking greek...it is really anoying for our innocent ears...please...if not for yourselves...do it for the children...think about the children...the children...

P.S. Alba is not albanian...just a hispanic puppet.
Petrovic   Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:01 am GMT
OK, I haven't heard how all the languages sound, but one thing I know for sure: Polish, spoken by women: very, very, very sexy! The problem is that when polish men speak polish, they all look gay, and I mean no offence. I don't know why that is, but let me try to explain what I mean. Some words in polish are so smoth that no matter how big or macho the person saying those words is, he still comes out as gay...ah and the intonation in the sentence...the melody of the language itself...la-la-laaaa(higher tone)-la-la-la...cze-cze-czeeeee(higher tone)-cze-cze-cze...you know...anyway...
Guest   Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:59 am GMT
<Polish, spoken by women: very, very, very sexy! The problem is that when polish men speak polish, they all look gay, and I mean no offence.>

This example suits for french and albanian also.
Steve   Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:00 pm GMT
No, albanian is very harsh and rough, not a very smooth language. French in men's mouth sounds like someone who is trying to get to your wife. Polish is OK, maybe a little gay or maybe not.