Which European languages are most likely to die out?

Vlad   Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:10 am GMT
Whoever you are, fanatic, don't imitate my name! Before I chose this name I made sure that no one used it. You must be the same person who used Alba's name.
Guest   Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:46 am GMT
It's the Chinese that will be eaten alive by the Russians. Remember that stupid.
Goran   Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:27 pm GMT
Chinese will wipe russians out in 50 years and they will use no guns or violence at all...only cheap stuff! Yep, they will drive them away with cheapies! There will be so much chinese-made cheap stuff in Russia, that there would be no more space for russians to move around and they will be forced to leave to open more room for more chinese cheapies. Rusia will become more or less a warehouse for chinese cheapies. Yes, a big warehouse managed by people with small penises...
a.p.a.m.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:08 pm GMT
Romanian will likely die out within this century. It will be overcome and overwhelmed by numerous Slavic nations that surround it.
a.p.a.m.   Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:36 pm GMT
I would say that the Faroese Language will most likely die out in the very near future. Let's hope and pray that it will.
Wang   Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:43 am GMT
Amen.
CCTV   Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:18 am GMT
I think greek language will be lost in less than 100 years. It will be taken over by Turkish, Albanian, and Bulgarian. After years of integration and people moving in and out of Greece, their language will lose its importance as more people that live there will speak turkish or albanian or bulgarian and english. People will discard their own language as something useless and replace it daily with either english or any of the languages mentioned above. Greek language, which everyone knows it's very hard and already useless to learn, will be considered a closed chapter and ranked as an ex-spoken language along with cherokee, sanksrit..etc. People will be finally free of that horrible trap-language that even uglifies every beautiful human face.
Wang   Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:01 pm GMT
You know what? You might have something there...
a.p.a.m.   Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:06 pm GMT
Faroese Language, according to Wikipedia, it only has 80,00 speakers. It'll be gone in 50years, Amen.
Franco   Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:52 pm GMT
Praise the Holy Trinity that Faroese will be no more!
suomalainen   Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:53 pm GMT
Faroese is more secure than many languages that have more speakers. It is co-official language with Danish on Faroese islands. The language is safely passed over to the next generation, and nothing shows that this would change in future. Fertility rate on Faroese islands is highest in Europe, 2.5 children / woman. Faroese is an example how even a small language can survive when circumstances are good and language is not suppressed. I think we can we be glad because of this, and hope that as many small languages as possible would enrich our culture heritage still in the next century.
Mina   Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:28 pm GMT
Irish is going to die out.
Guest   Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:55 pm GMT
English is probably one of the language that will diseappear, for further reasons:
-since most of the world know to speak it, it ceased to be the language of a particular people.
- It has now known the maximum of its extend
- In the English-speaking countries there is not sentimental attachment to the language- it seems a lot of english-speakers would rather prefer to speak a romance language than English if the had the choice.
- the main country that had spread english in the world is slowly becoming bilingual- and since Spanish is very popular omong English-speaker it could accelerate the death of english more rapidly than we expect.
- The main english-speaking country in the world is quikly loosing its influence
- In Europe, in the British isles English have to stand along the rebirth of the Celtic languages, to which a lot of people seem to prefer to associate themselves.
Guest   Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:49 pm GMT
French will most certainly die out....
Panagiotis   Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:46 pm GMT
Most of the greeks hate their own language and they would replace it with either english or any language if given a chance. Greek language is hard to deal with even for greeks themselves and besides that, other people find it kind of funny and literally laugh at you when they hear you speak greek. It is annoying, I must admit...Anyway, I think greek language will be discarded by greeks themselves and replaced with anything nicer that comes along. In 100 years from now, greek will be spoken in a few islands way down south, close to Afrika...and in Cyprus. That's it.