FRENCH or SPANISH?

Guest   Thu May 31, 2007 7:28 pm GMT
<<Economically, Spanish is and will be more important than Frog language

http://unicode.org/notes/tn13/>>

Whoever keeps posting this link, probably one of the Hispanic Fanatics, is an idiot. What this link clearly shows is that SPANISH IS LOSING GROUND ECONOMICALLY TO FRENCH and German.
Alba   Thu May 31, 2007 8:11 pm GMT
lol i was just joking Zouké. I love both French and Spanish. They are equally awsome
Guest   Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:46 am GMT
<<Economically, Spanish is and will be more important than Frog language >>

Economically, Spanish Fly Language and will never be more important than French.
Guest   Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:53 am GMT
<<Economically, Spanish is and will be more important than Frog language >>

Economically, Spanish Fly Language will never be more important than French.
Guest   Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:55 am GMT
<< Economically, Spanish is and will be more important than Frog language >>

Give me a break... your best South American city: Buenos Aires, doesn't even compare to the minimum west european standard of living/quality of life.

Go tell that to the Spanish construction workers in France.
Guest   Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:24 pm GMT
ASS-LANGUAGE IS THE BEST
Guest   Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:16 pm GMT
Spanish all the way. French is in the midst of becoming a dead language in the U.S.A
Aldo   Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:13 pm GMT
<<Not so fast my friend, there are two continents, North America and South America.In North America, Spanish is mostly useless.>>

You keep dreaming!
Guest   Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:07 am GMT
<< Spanish all the way. French is in the midst of becoming a dead language in the U.S.A >>

Not true. It is widely spoken in Louisiana , and there is a revival there. Haitian immigration is increasing in New York and Miami , where the language is growing. In Los Angeles, believe it or not, I heard a report on the radio that the city is becoming more French-speaking, I have no idea why. In Orlando, there has been a recent influx of French-speaking Arabs. In New England where I live, there are many French-speaking communities near the border. In Maine, French is prevelent. Many people from Quebec go to Florida on vacation and French is quite common. When I go to Lake Placid, it feels like I'm in the Alps. If I speak to 5 people on the street there, 3 or 4 of them would most likely respond back to me in a French accent. So think about it. Will French really die in the US ?
Guest   Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:21 am GMT
Spanish is dead in New Mexico. The Spanish descent folks there speak English to each other.

While in Lousiana the Cajuns and the White Creoles still speak French and many of them don't even speak a single English words especially in the deep Cajun country.

It's true that there are French enclave in Florida. As matter of fact there is a French language newspaper that's circulationg there, "Le Soleil De La Floride".
Guest   Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:58 am GMT
Spanish women are easy.
Guest   Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:16 am GMT
<< Spanish all the way. French is in the midst of becoming a dead language in the U.S.A >>

It's very unlikely. Just check this link: http://www.frenchimmersionusa.org/ it's entirely in French.
Guest   Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:48 am GMT
Spanish is not indeed an international language.

Click these links to find out why: http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/languages.htm and http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/worldlang.htm.

According to this sites Spanish(20) is behind English(37) and French(23) after weighing the 6 factors:
1. Number of primary speakers
2. Number of secondary speakers
3. Number and population of countries where used
4. Number of major fields using the language internationally
5. Economic power of countries of the languages
6. Socio-literary prestige

Spanish like Chinese got its strength in Factor Number 1. It relied only on the large number of speakers and countries where it is natively spoken.

But when it comes to secondary speakers, it has only 20 million speakers as opposed to French with 190,000,000 and English with 150,000,000.

In the outer core, Spanish is zero while English and French have 24 and 18 respectively.

In the fringe countries, English has 82, French 12, Russian 11, and Spanish just 1 (USA?).

This study is based on the articles of Dr. Bernard Comrie, George Weber and Ethnologue.

I challenge those Hispanic Flies to present their arguments or reactions on this. Come on let the viewers of this Antimoon read them to know how you reason well.
Guest   Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:03 am GMT
Where in the World Wide Web that you can fnd a relaible website created by reliable people or an organization stating that Spanish is the second International language not French, Hispanic Flies?

Look there are lot's of websites that contain that French and English are the only truly GLOBAL languages. I haven't found one that says Spanish belongs to that category.
Rizzeck   Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:37 am GMT
Why do these discussions invariably take place in the gutter? Europeans are the SCUM OF THE EARTH, THE INVENTORS OF RACISM, FASCISM AND WAR MONGERING. For all I care ALL OF EUROPE IS IRRELEVENT.