Languages of the "Educated"?

Adolfo   Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:40 pm GMT
Hahahaha, ahora empieza a soltar tonterías, retrasado. Te mola que te den en el hocico con los datos eh? ERes masoca.
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:40 pm GMT
So you're french
Anti-Spamnish   Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:42 pm GMT
And don't you ever belittle the French speaking blacks.

Haven't you heard that the Hatians are treated with respect by the Americans the moment they find out that they speak French.

Haitians are less discriminated than hispanics because of the French language. While hispanics are being looked especially if they speak Spanish.

Francophone Africans gained more respect from the Western World than English speaking Africans because of French. That's why many Ex-British colonies in Africa are implementing French in their educational system.

Lousiana Black Creoles were less discriminated just before the end of US civil War than the other blacks because of the French language again.

You see they view French as their only means to gain respect and avoid discrimination since the French language is always associated to education, civilized society and higly influential people with countless contributions toi mankind.

Do you think that if a black person will have the same respect if he speaks Spanish? Not at all!
Anti-Spamnish   Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:43 pm GMT
An illiterate person is somebody who cannot read and write. Surely, I'm not because I can post messages in here.

Now don't be so holistic and bobo!
Adolfo   Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:45 pm GMT
Obviously , since you are a functional illiterate you don't know the difference between funcional illiteracy and plain illiteracy. You are somewhere between both concepts.
Anti-Spamnish   Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:52 pm GMT
If we reverse the situation, where the entire Hispanic America were speaks French natively and the entire Francophone Africa were near native Spanish speaking, then the latter would have abandoned the Spanish bandwagon and joins the French bandwagon.

Spanish is actually is as inutil as the Spanish Armada. They thought that they could overcome the English and Dutch navy with superior numbers. It was defeated by faster and more navigable ships armed with long range cannon although the Spanish ships had superior gunpowder but the range of fire is not that long. Again that part of the history proves that Spanish spaeking world is more inclined to quantity than quality.
chico   Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:54 pm GMT
i will try to revert back to the original question. Which languages have the status of being spoken by the more educated? at least that was my interpretation of it?

i would say that until recently, probably the last half of the 20th century or a little earlier, that it would have been french. but the truth is that although french is still important, english has overtaken it as the preferred global language. sorry, frenchmen, but it is the truth. but it is also true that there is something rather chic about speaking french.

but i think the question also applies to where one lives. it is true that not many americans speak a second language well if there first language is english. at least not to the ratio that people in other parts of the world do. but i don't speak french very well. it was my second language but i did not continue to learn it. i began to study spanish and now speak it fairly fluently. in the united states people are always impressed that i can speak a second language. usually it doesn't matter which one it is.

would people in europe be impressed by the fact that i can speak spanish? other than spain, probably not.

i thought it was a relevant question. because the truth is there has always been a class distinction and probably always wil. i love spanish and live in latin america. but i am aware of the way many north americans perceive spanish people. as uneducated and perhaps slightly less inteligent. it is not true, but it doesn't mean they don't think that way.

it is probable still considered "high class" to speak french at least in some areas. in latin america, if a native spanish speaker speaks english, he or she is considered educated.
Anti-Spamnish   Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:55 pm GMT
And obviously your left brain is dead and only your right brain is functioning that's why you're so weak when it comes to sound reasoning and that's why you're so holistic and gullible.
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:14 pm GMT
Is everyone on this forum 15?
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:16 pm GMT
Show me the examples of your sound reasoning. You're just jerking off because you have no life.
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:35 pm GMT
Wow!!! That´s incredible!!! French Africa and Haiti (French America) are the poorest countries in the world. You can see that in this webpage. That´s the QUATRIEME MONDE!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_Developed_Countries

At the same time, there are several Hispanics countries that we can consider develop countries according to this webpage. There are 63 countries with high developed index. 9 of them are Hispanic: Spain, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Cuba, and USA (Hispanics).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index#endnote_2

The top ten bottom (the less developed countries in all the world) are very interested: there are 7 French African members.
K. T.   Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:35 pm GMT
"Never heard of Zbigniew Brzezinski, you ARE illiterate! What kind of an US citizen are you!"

Funny that you should mention him. I think he was on PBS recently.
I think ZB is of Polish descent. What did you want to tell us about him in relation to languages and education? Henry Kissinger and another man
(a cabinet member of a former president?) was also on the show-Charlie Rose, I think it was. I don't usually watch the show.

A lot of people don't know Kissinger (who was even EARLIER), but he has kept himself in the public eye, so I think he is better known than ZB. In the last few years I remember reading that Kissinger's talent was understanding how the "fluttering of a butterfly's wings" in one part of the world could cause an event in another part of the world or something like that-more elegantly stated, of course.

Kissinger is interesting to me because of his accent. He came to the US as a teenager, but used to have a "thick" German accent. Over the years, I've noticed that it is not so pronounced anymore. I read that his younger brother came to the US at the same time and learned to speak WITHOUT a foreign accent in English.
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:38 pm GMT
Wow!!! That´s incredible!!! French Africa and Haiti (French America) are the poorest countries in the world. You can see that in this webpage. That´s the QUATRIEME MONDE!!!!

At the same time, there are several Hispanics countries that we can consider develop countries according to this webpage. There are 63 countries with high developed index. 9 of them are Hispanic: Spain, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Cuba, and USA (Hispanics).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index#endnote_2

The top ten bottom (the less developed countries in all the world) are very interested: there are 7 French African members.
Jean   Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:41 pm GMT
Yes. That´s a pitty!!! We should give more money to French Africa but we prefer to have more nuclear weapons!!! We are stupid.

I dont know why some Africans speak French because we dont help them.

Bonsoir!!!
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:42 pm GMT

The top ten bottom (the less developed countries in all the world) are very interested: there are 7 French African members