What accent do you really hate? and which one you love?

Guest   Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:25 am GMT
Becky,

Sorry for the lateness of my reply to your post of 13 March and for my confusing question.

When I said “English” I meant Englishmen (and women of course) specifically and not all British or all English speakers

You said: “I usually only hear complaints about it from Americans. It's rare that I hear British or other English speakers complain about southern American accents.”

Yes, it is sad to say but I think the people most bigoted against all things Southern, not just our manner of speech, are some of our own “countrymen”.
Australian Man   Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:24 am GMT
All the Americans on this site are unfriendly wankers who think there country is better. America is not the best country in the world get over yourselfs. Stop ganging up on me you weak pieces of shit. I am just trying to tell you the truth. You Americans are a bunch of hypocrites.
Uriel I hate you, don't say bad things about a country you have never been to. Next time say something nice about Australia. Uriel your the biggest hypocrite of all the Americans. If any one posts a negative comment about Australia I will know that you are wrong.
Travis   Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:51 am GMT
For some reason "Australian Man" makes me think that Adam might not be so bad... Of course, then, he is likely just yet another troll.
Guest   Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:59 am GMT
"Australian Man" aka "Seppo" is having a good ol' time.
Callum From North East En   Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:22 pm GMT
Well i do love the cockney accent. i know a few cockneys and i just think there accent is so nice and would love to speak like that.
When in the English language there is so many accents. I love the welsh accent and know 2 girls from there. No one has said anything about the northern accents. Im from middlebrough so i speak north-east accents but the gordie (Newcastle) or macham (sunderland) or collery (peterlee way on) accents are so much alike and there from the north. I also love the french and aussie accents and me being half aussie means i like it more but can't do it. when my aussie cousins come over i love to here them speak but can not imitate it. The scotish accent is also abit harsh for my ears but its not bad. The american accent really ANNOYS me! no offence to any americans but it does and i dont no why. I REALLY hate it when americans put on a totally fake old-english accent because you can so tell its fake and not many english speak like that now. I also hate any eastern accents as in pakistany, Indian etc as there kind of taken over our country and stealing our goverments money!
But i do like the northern accent! =)
Callum again!   Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:27 pm GMT
Thats me there ^ the one apove. Just correcting my name it says
Callum From North East ENGLAND! but the website cut off ENGLAND!
Geoff_One   Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:53 pm GMT
<< ... kangeroo's are not that common in Australia. >>

They are common/plentiful in the captial city of Australia.
I am an American   Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:59 pm GMT
Geoff_One

What is the capital city of Australia?
Baked Alaskan   Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:09 pm GMT
Australian Man,

I am an American and I posted something on the last page that wasnt ganging up on any body and wasnt it saying that our country was better.If it comes off as that then I am sorry I did not mean for it to.
So please dont judge all Americans as wankers on this site.
Paul   Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:49 am GMT
I agree with you Australia man your so right YANKS A FUCKTARDS
Geoff_One   Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:59 am GMT

Canberra
seppo   Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:53 am GMT
I'm not "Arsetralian Man" and I'd have to get a lobotomy to write anything that resembles his style. I'm definitely American and I'm having a laugh winding the Ausholes up. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Incidentally, you cats aren't doing much to dispel what I said about Aussies being nationalistic. The truth hurts, I suppose.

I haved lived in Australia before and I suspect that I know a lot more about the place than the moronic Aussies who post here and "know" something about the US based mostly upon what they've seen on the tv and in the movie theater.
I am Einstein alive for v   Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:11 am GMT

Canberra

Geoff, I thought it was melbourne... when was it changed to canberra?
Uriel   Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:26 am GMT
<<Uriel I hate you, don't say bad things about a country you have never been to. Next time say something nice about Australia. Uriel your the biggest hypocrite of all the Americans. If any one posts a negative comment about Australia I will know that you are wrong.>>

Untwist those panties, honey; I haven't said anything about any country, good or bad.
a friend   Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:28 pm GMT
its my birthday on the 31st of march and i am going to be 34