What accent do you really hate? and which one you love?

Sarah   Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:41 am GMT
Hi everyone...
Uriel, How are you my friend?
Uriel ;) missed you!!!

To me, I love the British accent now!
I do not know why, but I feel something sweet in it!!
bosco   Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:43 pm GMT
Accents I hate,well not so much an accent,more an attitude which forms the basis for cuntyness and progressively leads to a snobby stuck up arsholish way of speaking,I'm talking about college chicks,especially the first year science students here in Ireland,UCD,CIT,UCC ..they all have their fair share of cunts..

Accents I like,well pretty much anyone who doesnt speak in a condescending manner,which is rare to find these days :-)

Oh and sorry for my language but it's difficult to find the words to express my utter contempt for these people.

slan :-)
Andy   Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:09 pm GMT
I like girls with gentle Irish accents. I'm not keen on harsh Belfast accents. Unfortunately I don't think my HughGrant-like accent goes down too well in most places.
britt   Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:20 pm GMT
"All the Americans on this site are unfriendly wankers who think there country is better. America is not the best country in the world get over yourselfs. Stop ganging up on me you weak pieces of shit. I am just trying to tell you the truth. You Americans are a bunch of hypocrites."

hmmm, a little sterotypical. putting all americans in one category.

dooontt appreciate ittt!

not all of us are hypocritical!
britt   Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:22 pm GMT
i dont think i even HAVE an accent. do i??? ---i'm from connecticut USA (north east)...i sound like everyone on the news and stuff...
britt   Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:23 pm GMT
i want an accent!!!!!
Josh Lalonde   Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:30 pm GMT
<<dont think i even HAVE an accent. do i??? ---i'm from connecticut USA (north east)...i sound like everyone on the news and stuff...>>
<<i want an accent!!!!!>>

Don't worry, everyone has an accent. If you go to London, you will be the one considered to have an accent, while everyone on the news will not. It all just depends on where you are.
Andy   Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:07 pm GMT
Hello, has a civil war started over there?.
I think I should give Sarah a ring and talk sweet nothings to her with my British accent.
Sarah   Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:13 pm GMT
<<Hello, has a civil war started over there?.
I think I should give Sarah a ring and talk sweet nothings to her with my British accent.>>!!!
If you do, I'll appreciate, my friend ;)
Uriel   Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:55 pm GMT
Hi Sarah, nice to see you back.

Everyone has an accent, britt, even if yours is on TV.
michelle   Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:57 am GMT
bosco you sound like a loner and with an attitude like that you'll never meet women,your usage of the word c__t just shows everyone your lack of respect for women and if I ever met you in a pub I'd throw a pint on you,ever here of the phrase "never judge a book by it's cover"? well you'd do well abiding by that rule.You had best change your attitude now or else you'll end up a sad miserable old man.For an irish man I expected a little more class to be honest but then I guess every country has it's fair share of rotten apples.
William   Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:32 am GMT
I really like British, Scottish, Irish and German accents. I also like Texas accents when there not being faked by Hollywood. Texas accents have a welcoming tone when you here'm.
William   Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:36 am GMT
The accents that I dislike are Indian (India) and Minnesota accents.
Guest   Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:48 am GMT
here'm ---> hear. I hate those native speakers who can not spell for jack. There is no dispute on Uk accents. They are the most beautiful , soft and melodious on ears.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:17 am GMT
***There is no dispute on Uk accents. They are the most beautiful , soft and melodious on ears***

Well, a lot of them are but by no means all of them - that's for certain. Only a deaf person would consider Glaswegian to be "beautiful, soft and melodious" :-) Ediniburgh yes, most definitely, but never Glasgow!

As for the issue of accents in London - not an issue at all -hardly anyone in London thinks much about accents - practically everybody in any one group of people has a different accent of one kind or another. London, one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities, is one huge myriad of accents from all over the place.