I have just launched version 2.0 of TypeIt, my popular online editor for typing foreign characters and IPA symbols. This overhauled version sports the following new features:
- Full keyboard support for Internet Explorer 6/7/8, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome
- You can switch between languages while typing
- Boldface, italics and underlines in all editors
- You can choose the font face and size that looks good to you
- Easily type professional-looking “curly” quotes, apostrophes ― and nice long dashes, too!
The following editors are currently available: Czech, Danish (new), Dutch (new), Finnish (new), French, German, Hungarian, IPA (English), Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish. If you write stuff in one of these languages or you use phonetic transcriptions in your study of English, I invite you to give TypeIt a try!
July 17 update: Russian keyboard added!