what are the practical steps to speak english fluently

yunaisy   Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:23 pm GMT
helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's the difference between "other" and "another".

thanks
Guest   Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 pm GMT
Usually "other" is plural and "another" is singular. Another book, another thing. Other books, other things.
jonas   Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:26 pm GMT
it is very disgusting you know....****
marylyn   Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:38 am GMT
its so nice
hanna   Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:40 am GMT
Be PRACTICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahmad yasin   Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:02 am GMT
i want to speak english fluently.would help me ,please ?
rajkamal   Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:38 pm GMT
hai,
my name is raj i want to speak english fluently without any break, tell me how can i do that. please help me, this is my email address: rajv_kamal2000@yahoo.com

thank you
K. T.   Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:57 pm GMT
Please look at page 28 for some earlier advice (some is mine, some not)... about speaking with more fluency.

Quick advice: Make friends with a native speaker and have something to offer in return. Consider a language exchange. What is your hobby or interest? Find a forum in English that discusses YOUR interest and you will notice how others write (and talk) about the interest/hobby you share. TAKE NOTES on how people write.

Although I would steer away from cults (please look up this word), you may find that joining a church or faith-based group may help you with English. I met a Japanese man who learned English that way. Another Japanese who liked to sing joined an English-speaking choir.

Another possibility: Is there a large English-speaking population in your country? What kind of groups do they have? Are any of them open to you?

You can't be terribly shy and learn a language without some effort or a very good friend to help you. (Mr. Dictionary does not count as a friend, only an aide...people need people.)

I've been there. I'm a bit of an introvert, but I learn languages by making myself talk to other people. So what if they reject you! Honestly, this has almost NEVER happened to me. Seize opportunities.

All the best,

K. T.
Akshaya   Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:36 pm GMT
I am an 18 year old girl. I am a top scorrer in my english subject in my class from my junior school but I always talk very fast in english making grammatically wrong statements by trying to convert my statements from my native language to english .people laugh at my english and comment me that I speak buttler english those people include my friends,sisters, brothers,best friends,cousins.they say i donot have any style my english talk I really feel hard to make sentences instantaneously and the people also feel the same thing .due to this I stopped talking in english and started forgetting english . so please please help me .i started reading newspaper but I find it difficult to read due to lack of time.so please please for the god sake help me.
this is neetu   Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 am GMT
could you help me to speak english fluenty...i hesitate speak in english in group...on stage..plz help me out...
Azik   Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:23 pm GMT
Hi Guys,
My idea of improving english is as follows:

1. Read more books, as many as possible. I don't prescribe reading big sized books like harry potter or sidney sheldon, take some story books which are easy to understand.

2. Watch more english movies, especially in DVDs which will have subtitles, try to watch it once without subtitles and then watch it with subtitle or in either way and see whether you are able to understand what they speak. Keep in mind for speaking english it's necessary to understand it too, understanding from the native speakers will help us a lot.

3. Grab a guy near you and plan to speak in english always at any situation, that will help you a lot to come out of shyness.

4. And blabber a lot in english when you are alone at home, this might sound funny but it helps a lot in making your speech organs releived from the mother tongue influence.

5. Listen to english songs with lyrics.

That's all folks!!!
you can catch me at casimazik@gmail.com
Regards
Azik
harry   Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:43 pm GMT
i know all the words and all the sentences of english.Even i am good at reading english but the problem is that i cant speak english fluently.wats a reason and how i can improve it.Thank u
K. T.   Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:18 am GMT
People who improve in spoken English have one big secret: They practice speaking!

Don't be afraid to make mistakes and welcome correction (ASK people to correct you)... Only a fool despises correction. Make mistakes and learn from them.
kalpana biradar   Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:02 pm GMT
when i read all these things...i feel really HAPPY....actully my english is also not dat much fluent...but i hav to speak in daily life den i can improve my launguage right..!!! so my suggetion to all of u dat "u speak daily with ur frnds ...don't hegitate dem if day lough don't worry ...main ur aim is to speak in english ....means u hav to improve ur fluency of english den u hav to speak don't bother ....let dem do......u all do n practice.....cheers.....wish u good luck....don't see behind....go forword n achiev ur fluence of english n dream.....
Achin Jain   Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:45 pm GMT
Hi everyone,

I believe we have to conversate in english with other person so that it will help us to speak in english more fluently and we will feel more confirtable to speak in english and will create our good image in front of others.

Thanks

Achin Jain

hi_thats_achin@yahoo.com