<<You're a heroine ):D >>

Hehehe!! I demand a medal.
latin   Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:55 pm GMT
If you like the Germans you must be rather

"you're on heroin"
Ljosalfar   Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:16 pm GMT
Hey! I'm German! Careful what you say! :0
Guest   Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:37 pm GMT
"Back to the British - They have the most interesting drinking games and pub songs. I quite enjoyed singing 'God Save the Queen' with a couple of British tourists at a British pub in Rome though I as an American would be probably be charged with treason. "
And shot, hopefully.
Guest   Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:39 pm GMT
Adam in BNP, never, he is a ponce.
Damian in Scotland   Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:58 am GMT
Define ponce, please. You could be saying that Adam is living off the earnings of a prostitute. It's true that brothels are to legalised in the UK but even so........Adam?
Damian in Edinburgh   Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:00 am GMT
Guest...we know that America has capital punishment but is treason a reason?
Guest   Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:05 am GMT
I thought capital punishment applied only to heinous crimes
Guest   Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:13 am GMT
<Guest...we know that America has capital punishment but is treason a reason? >

I know treason is a capital punishment in some countries. I think the USA is a mixed bowl as it depends on each state.

BTW how many US states have retained the death sentence? I know Texas and Cali has it.
JJM   Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:54 pm GMT
"I know treason is a capital punishment in some countries. I think the USA is a mixed bowl as it depends on each state."

I believe that's so. Not all states have capital punishment but this would be irrelevant to the question of treason anyway.

It could only be a federal offence.
Uriel   Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:48 pm GMT
Treason is a federal offense in the US, and can be considered a capital one, although no one's been executed for it since the beginning of the cold war.

Capital murder, which exists in 35 states (I think), generally involves murder in the first degree only, and then only when further circumstances make the murder even more egregious than regular murder 1. Nor is the death penalty automatic even in those cases.

Most murders fall under state jurisdiction; the federal government is not designed to deal with that type of crime. Different laws apply to the federal gov't, and cases go through a completely different court system.
Guest   Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:54 pm GMT
"Define ponce, please."
I thought you just did that or do you think you're wrong.
Guest   Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:59 pm GMT
"I thought capital punishment applied only to heinous crimes"
Betraying your country and becoming a tout would be a heinous crime. Obviously, singing a song wouldn't be treason as far as I'm concerned but in general treason might lead to your fellow country men dying and victory for the enemy and that in my book is a heinous crime.
Guest   Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:35 pm GMT
Damian in Edinburgh wouldn't happen to be a more hateful alter ego of Damian in Scotland would he?
Damian in Alba   Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:41 pm GMT
One and the same!