Slavonic Language Groups

Damian   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 06:46 GMT
Thanks for your replies.....all very interesting and I'm glad I started the thread. That part of Europe is so fascinating linguistically.
nic   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 07:05 GMT
Ed,

Of course they are! We understand each others for one reason, bukgarian ancestors come from basque country
Julian   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 07:52 GMT
nic, are you being serious? Every text I've read classifies the Basque language, Euskara, as a "language isolate"; having absolutely no relation to a single European language.

Bulgarians descend from the Bulgars, who came from the Volga region of present day Ukraine and Russia, and settled south of the Danube River, where they mixed with the Slavs and the Thracians. I've read nothing about them coming from the opposite end of Europe, that being Basque Country.
Easterner   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 08:06 GMT
Privyet Garans,
Ya tebya ponimayu ocheny horosho.
Ya tozhe muzhchina, z tridesyat tri let, no u menya esche net syemye.
Pozhaluysta prosti moyi oshibky, ya ne govoryu ili pishu ocheny chasto po russky.
nic   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 09:24 GMT
I was.............................joking!
ustasha   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 10:21 GMT
Za dom spremni
garans   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 10:44 GMT
Easterner

Your Russian is very good. I don't see an error in your message.
Easterner   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 11:47 GMT
Spasibo garans, that could be because I am writing and not speaking :-).
Laura   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 12:02 GMT
I'm from Bulgarian: i can understand russian and macedonian easy, but in fact for macedonian and russian is difucult to understand me . that's their own problem.
Laura   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 12:05 GMT
problem of russian and macedonian is that they think that cyrilic is their invention. but in fact cirilic was made in BULGARIA. From Kliment, Naum and Angelarii which were Kiril's students. That's called starobulgarski or old bulgarian language. There came russian redaction of bulgarian - which is called old russian chirch lagnuage. BUT Cirilic is made in BULGARIA.
Laura   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 12:07 GMT
SO : OLD BULGARIAN - is cyrilic. and then it's spread in other slavian countries.
Bulgarian is closed to serbian, macedonian and slovanian. That's south east language group.
russian ; ukrainian and belorussian - is in other language group.
garans   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 13:25 GMT
Laura

Ti monimaesh menya?
Skolko teme let i kak davno ti uchish angliyskiy iazik?
garans   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 13:36 GMT
ponimaesh
tebe
Ed   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 18:47 GMT
Julian:

You're absolutely right, but apparently nic has nothing better to do than joking around.

Laura:

I totally agree with you too!
Dulcinea del Toboso   Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 20:59 GMT
Easterner,

Ya tozhe ponimayu to, shto ty pisal. Ya uchilas' russkiy yazik kogda ya byla tolko 13 let i tozhe dolgo zanimayus' yazykoznaniyem. Moy otyets rodilsya v Budapeste, no semya moyey materi arabskoye.

Ya zhivu v s.sh.a, v shtatye Washington.