Slavonic Language Groups

Laura   Wednesday, July 28, 2004, 13:34 GMT
I suggest to write what you want with english letters, then I can use convertor up above to read it in cyrillic. sometimes it's useful.
Ed   Thursday, July 29, 2004, 21:37 GMT
Laura, do you live in Bulgaria?
nic   Friday, July 30, 2004, 09:08 GMT
Laura,

I wanted to convert "salut!" it's a french word which means Hi
Laura   Friday, July 30, 2004, 12:22 GMT
Ed
Hi there. Ed I guess that we have had the same roots. :)

nic
hi, salut...I just want to say that perhaps antimoon is waste of time. I don't know. I was learning such slang from here that is not useful.
Ed   Saturday, July 31, 2004, 04:24 GMT
Laura:
Hi there. Ed I guess that we have had the same roots. :)

Well, not really, because I'm not ethnically Bulgarian.
garans   Saturday, July 31, 2004, 05:06 GMT
Laura

"Salut" is good as an informal greetings in Russia.
Ed   Saturday, July 31, 2004, 17:07 GMT
garans

what part of russia are u from?
garans   Saturday, July 31, 2004, 17:20 GMT
Ed

Moscow
I was born in Tumen (Siberia) and graduated school in Novosibirsk, my relatives live in Moscow and St.Petersburg and I travelled about 50 towns of Russia.
Laura   Saturday, July 31, 2004, 18:30 GMT
salut sounds french.
Ed   Saturday, July 31, 2004, 21:19 GMT
garans

I live in New York and there are many Russians around here, but actually I don't think they should be called Russian because they're either from the Ukraine or Uzbekistan. They speak Russian, however :-)
mediha   Sunday, August 01, 2004, 05:55 GMT
Zravo svakome, ja mogu vam samao da kazem, rabotam u airdrom i imamo ovde naroda od svake kulture i ja mogu da razumem Macedonski, Bugarski, Ruski, Hırvatski i kao şto pişem Sırpski. Goran, izvini nano:)) İ moram da vas kazem da zivim u Tursku i da sam samo jedeman otişla u Bosnu..I love slovenik language

Actually, I think we must chet in English here, hımmm.
Easterner   Sunday, August 01, 2004, 08:32 GMT
Zdravo Mediha, dobrodosla u nase drustvo! Ja sam rodjen u Srbiji, i mogu da kazem da si jako lepo naucila jezik. Samo jedna stvar: ono sto si rekla o Bosni, bolje je reci ovako: "bila sam samo jednom u Bosni", ili "samo sam jednom posetila/posjetila Bosnu". Ako kazes da si "otisla", to znaci da si jos uvek tamo. Nadam se da ne maris za ovu malu ispravku ;-).

(Hello Mediha, welcome to our community. I was born in Serbia and I can say you have a fine knowledge of the language. Just one thing, what you said about Bosnia, it is better to say like this... If you say "otisla", it means you are still there. I hope you don't mind about this little correction.)
mediha   Tuesday, August 03, 2004, 13:54 GMT
Thanks a lot:)) EASTERNER. I am so glad for this correction. İt is very important for me, speaking and wrighting correctly. İt doesn't matter wich language. Thank you very much again. (Sada me strah da pişem sırpski:))salimse

Ja sam rocena u Germany (neznam kako se pise na Sırpsko) Milomije sto sam çula od tebi da sam lepo naucila jezik. I wonder Nemacka yiihuu:) samo moram da kazem da bolje govorim, poşto nisam nikat morala da pisem nekom..

And I am so happy to see this group in discussion forum. İt is good idea:)
Peter   Tuesday, August 03, 2004, 18:39 GMT
From the group of these languages three of them are very similar.
They are Polish, Slovak and Czech. To understand why that is just look at a map.
They sound similarly though Slovak and Czech are more melodious.
I'm a Pole and for me there is no problem to go to these country and communicate with their citizens.

Are there hranolky a wyprazany syr? (or something like that). Wyprazany syr (roasted cheese?) is delicious!

Russian is a bit more difficult to understand than those mentioned above, but it's not a big thing.

For Poles Bulgarian, Macedonian etc. are the most incomprehensible.
Peter   Tuesday, August 03, 2004, 20:04 GMT
For me as a Bulgarian speaker Polish, Czech, and Slovak are totally incomprehensible. Maybe if I read them, I'd understand something.

Example: the word POZOR in Bulgarian means something like shame or disgrace, but I've been told that in Czech it means beware.