South African English

andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:20 GMT
Agree Travis :)

Besides, either Sander has already started to celebrate Queens Day or this is NOT Sander ;))
Sander   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:20 GMT
No,its a joke ofcourse....still it aint a language.Is a dialect SO bad then?!
Travis   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:22 GMT
The main thing that probably confused you guys is that Intergermania is basically using German word order, including the verb movement stuff; notice how the German example is so similar to the original Intergermania one, even though many of the words themselves are spelled more like if they were Low Saxon, Dutch, or English words, written with a modified Dutch orthography.
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:23 GMT
No Sander a dialect isn't so bad but can understand why its so important to Mathjis. Once Afrikaans was there too.. :)
Sander   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:25 GMT
Mathijs just has to learn that you can't have everything ;)

Although I can understand that the 'language-mark' would make WF much more prestegious....
Travis   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:28 GMT
I myself agree strongly with andre, and if Afrikaans is a language separate from Dutch, which it is, then West Flemish too must be considered a distinct language from Dutch as well.
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:28 GMT
Of course. And put the Flemish in a much stronger bargaining position in Belgium...
Sander   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:30 GMT
=>then West Flemish too must be considered a distinct language from Dutch as well.<=

Please Travis tell me where the differences lie...

And put the Flemish in a much stronger bargaining position in Belgium...

Genau!Mein Sud-Afrikanischer freund.
Travis   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:31 GMT
andre, but we do *not* want that stronger bargaining position part to go strengthen the position of the likes of Vlaams Belang and like; but my grounds for supporting West Flemish as being a separate language is not a matter of politics as such, but rather a matter of supporting minority languages, and part of such is acting to help legitimize them as distinct languages, rather than as just "dialects" or like.
Sander   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:32 GMT
By the way,you will have to miss me for 6 days,Im going on a little vacation...
Travis   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:36 GMT
Ik vord dik later dan sien, Sander!
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:41 GMT
Of course Travis. That is not what I meant. But as long as the Flemish people do not have their language recognized, they will feel insecure, and support parties such as Vlaams Belang, which thrives on insecurity.
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:43 GMT
Ag, nee Sander!! Will miss you! Where are you going?
Travis   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:46 GMT
andre, I agree completely with respect to such.
Sander   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:57 GMT
Going to Germany...