ROMANIAN the closest to CLASSICAL LATIN

Nun Es   Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:16 pm GMT
Romanian like all the Romance languages comes from Proto Roman (Vulgar Latin), there is not actually any romance language which comes from the classical latin.

Romanian is not the closest language to Latin.

Sardianian is the closest (to Vulgar latin).

http://www.tlfq.ulaval.ca/axl/monde/images/lang-romanes.gif
Guest   Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:11 pm GMT
I don't said romanian comes directly from classical latin,I said romanian language is the language most closest to classical latin,how italian is the language most closest to latin per ansamble
Alexandru   Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:12 pm GMT
I don't said romanian comes directly from classical latin,I said romanian language is the language most closest to classical latin,how italian is the language most closest to latin per ansamble
Sigma   Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:40 pm GMT
Romanian is the closest to Classical-latin's grammar & declension (the way it doesn't use articles and words are placed.) that's all. The rest is vulgar latin.

Sardinian (Logudorese) is by far the closest to Classical-Latin's phonology/archaic words/verb-conjuctioning.

Spanish has close qualities of Classical-latin's phonology and grammar/verb-conjunctioning & archaic-word.

etc.
Bolchoï   Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:23 pm GMT
Romanian has 2 romance words since 20 years and they us to believe they are latin when they are slavic.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Alexandru   Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:46 pm GMT
Yes,of course you are intelligent romanian is more slavic than serb,bulgarian,russian and polish .

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
You speak about romanian but you don't know how sounds? what is? ....
Flavio Nagliati   Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:01 am GMT
Eu sunt un baiatul din brazilia dar am foarte iubirea pentru limba romana si eu cred care romana e foarte latina...
Georgero   Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:38 am GMT
A little correction, but congratulations anyway:

"Eu sunt un baiat din brazilia, dar iubesc foarte mult limba romana si cred ca romana e foarte latina..."
anume   Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:17 am GMT
While teaching french to one of my japanese students, just realized that french also has a somewhat bit of a lax connection between the written and spoken word ...
Marinon   Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:49 pm GMT
"mihi dormienti" epistula .... Cicero
"mie dormitand"

The verb "dormitare" has the same meaning as the verb in Romania
"a dormita", that is if someone is sleeping being in the same time aware of what is going around. I think this debatte worth of being continued,
if examples will be given. The best think would be to dare write ideas
in Latin.

Verbum dormitare habet eamdem significationem cum verbo valachico "a dormita", id est, cum aliquis dormiat consciente se actus sui proximi. Nobis plura exempla huius inter Latinam linguam suamque filiam Valachicam similitudinis adducentibus, haec meritanda disputatio. Id Latino exprimere ausuros iucundissime et commodissime.

Marinon, aliqua de se suis divulgans
Georgero   Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:04 pm GMT
@Marinon

"A dormita, dormitare" is a neologism. It has the meaning of being half asleep, half awake.

"A dormi, dormire" is the direct Latin descendent and it means "To sleep"
marinon   Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:09 pm GMT
I'm not sure about that, I will verify, true is that the verbal suffix "ito"
which has mostly an repeting sense is preserved in Romanian:

salio, ire - a sari
salto, avi,atum, are - a sal(ta)

It seems to be that the designation of the neologic character of dormitare
is a norm of those Romanists, who did'nt knew well enough Latin. Not all the words which didn't appear in the old Romanian writings, should be seen as neologism.

I can give an example with the usage of "dormitare" in the translation of the Bible, which:

"În lăcomia lor vor căuta ca, prin cuvîntări înşelătoare, să aibă un cîştig dela voi. Dar osînda îi paşte de multă vreme, şi pierzarea lor nu dormitează."
Peter 2
marinon   Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:57 pm GMT
I can come with a proof that "dormita" isn't a neologism.

A DORMIT//'A ~'ez intranz. A aţipi repetat, la intervale scurte, sezând sau stând în picioare; a moţăi; a picoti; a picura; a somnola. /<lat. dormitare
Sursă : NODEX (332707) - siveco
see: www.vocabular.ro
Georgero   Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:57 pm GMT
I don't know what to say. It could be. One thing's for sure...

"a aţipi, aţipire" is not a neologism. That's for sure. Ethymology is Latin "attepire".
Alexandru   Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:06 pm GMT
If in dictionnary is writed ''dormita'' come directly from latin,is correct.But you know now,many idiots would say is a word from french or other language(i don't know if this word exist in other romance language,probably in italian exist)